“Beautiful accomodations”

The Shore at Katathani
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you are looking for a romantic, high end place to stay in Phuket then look no further. We stayed in a sea view villa which was beautifully appointed with a spectacular view over Kata Beach. We made good use of our own pool which was completely private but did spend a couple of days also lounging around the main pool as we enjoyed walking up and down the beach and swimming in the sea. The staff were professional, helpful and always smiling! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on Turtle Alley, room 8833 which was completely private.
There are newer reviews for The Shore at Katathani

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Shore for my birthday last year... It was truly a magnificent resort with everything you could wish for.. From a spectacular suite you are able to view the private beach below your private pool and cabana area.
The evening is lit up with an array of far away lights.
The Shore is part of the Katathani Resort complex and all the extra facilities it offers, in other words you have a variety of options to choose from..
Very relaxing and luxurious !!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Beautiful hotel, beautiful view, beautiful bay, fantastic service and it's great having your own pool. The rooms are beautiful and huge. The villa are totally private and you wake up every morning to the sight of the ocean. There are some really nice touches, like the little wooden turtle you put outside your villa if you want your room cleaned. The staff are very friendly, helpful and courteous. Quite simply, it's the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The clientele were mainly couples, a few of them with children, but there were no-one boisterous. The only criticisms are that I didn't find the food that exciting. You have to go to other nearby luxury resorts for that and the town nearby was a bit scruffy, though it seemed perfectly safe. It wasn't even that expensive, though I did go in the off-season. Go and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and face the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After staying 7 days at katathani resort which we found very nice, we moved to the shore for the last 3 days of our honeymoon....... I cannot describe with words what an amazing and breathtaking place is... You must see it to understand what all the good reviews from other people mean..... This resort meat all my expectations and there is not one little thing I can complain about it... Only piece of advise, if you get one of the villas at the top of the hill, be ready to sweat as its a good climb if you decide not to take the golf cart......
Be sure to bring all you need to your villa as I can bet you you and your partner will not want to leave it...
One last thing, I highly recommend to bring lots of cash on small bills denominations to tip all the staff. As thesis a luxurious hotel, there are not many guests therefore the employees do not see many tips due to that situation... 20-50 baths might do it, but that is up to you. I mention this as every single employee from the shore was extremely polite and very helpful....
I am for sure looking fwd to be back...

Room Tip: Try to ask for the villas close to the beach as its a tough climb up
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It can't be denied that The Shore has a magnificent vantage point over Kata Beach. Although I can't say that Phuket has ever been on my 'must-do' list of travel destinations (and after having visited, I haven't changed my view about that), we did enjoy our wonderful Sea View villa at The Shore. We spent most of our stay enjoying our room and admiring the view from our infinity pool. The communal pool was nice, but we preferred the privacy of our room.

The daily breakfast was fine - standard hotel fare. I would have liked to see more traditional Thai menu items available for a la carte dining, and I felt that those that were available were not of a high standard. Having said that, there are some great restaurants nearby to get your foodie fix from (we dined at The Boathouse, Mom Tri's and ReKaTa, and thought each was superb), though it would be nice to have a higher standard of food available 'in house'.

We stayed on Turtle Alley, which was reasonably high up the hillside. In heels, a golf cart ride back to our room was a must. However, during the day we mostly walked back up via the internal staircase. I must confess that this was not because we're athletically inclined, but rather because we found the cutest little cat and kitten family living under the stairs on Nautilus Alley! I do hope that they're alive and well.

All in all, while Phuket wasn't my cup of tea, I can't fault the accommodation at The Shore. If I had to return to Phuket, I would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank ZedEllPee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We absolutely loved our relaxing stay in this resort. Our personal infinity pool was such a novel thing and we spent at least a few hours in it each day, often going for a swim in the morning, afternoon and after dinner.

One word of caution...you may want to turn off the lights under the water at night because we ended up with bats dive bombing the water trying to catch the bugs that were attracted to the lights...happy feelings gone!

This is a resort along Kata beach, which is picture perfect and warm all year round. The Katathani hotel just down the hill is also nice and the restaurants are additional options if you want to venture off the Shore property. It's a bit of a hike up and down the hill, so we often would walk down and get the golf cart back up. They go very fast in those carts, so hang on!

We were in heaven with the soft bed. Most of the places we stayed at throughout Southeast Asia had very hard beds which were not to our liking, but here the bed was so cozy it was hard to leave!

The service at the hotel was very good, with evening fruit and a little banana candy with a bedtime story. We especially appreciated the large bathroom with a mirror in the shower. The soaps were also very luxurious and they even had some natural bug repellant to use in the room because the suites are definitely not critter-proof.

This wasn't a huge issue for us, but if little lizards and a few beetles creep you out, be prepared to grapple with them, in the bathroom especially. The best way to avoid these issues is to keep the doors to outside and to the bathroom closed as much as possible. We did have some overnight surprises (like a large beetle), so tread carefully if you need to make a bathroom run in the middle of the night.

The beach and restaurant are just perfect and although we did try the breakfast in the room we liked being able to eat while looking out over the infinity pool and beach by the restaurant. Our room included breakfast and that was a great way to fill up and start the day.

This hotel is definitely off the beaten path in that it's a good hour from the airport, but the journey was worth it and since we planned to relax in our room or by the beach we didn't need the night life or business of the more developed areas. This was a great way to end our two-week tour of Southeast Asia!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Urbnengineer
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having 3 days full of island hopping around phuket, elephant trekking in PhangNga, ATVs, Water rafting activities and joying around Patong area, me and my wife looking for a relaxing ending for our phuket trip. Searched online and decided on The Shore at Katathani.

My god our decision turned out to be one of the best decision that we ever made. From the entrance gate guard to bell boy, to receptionist, to butler, all treat us accordingly with warm Thai smile. Check in is quick, with beautiful reception area with proper air-conditioning. We escorted to our Sea View Pool Villa and immediately awe once the assistance open our villa door. The room already in cool temperature. The view from the bed to the private pool towards to sea is breathtaking. They place the bed in such way that once u open your eyes from sleep, you'll straight away see the amazing view of its private pool towards the sea. The room is nicely decorated with contemporary and classic touch. The condition of the room is almost new. Bathroom is clean. The private pool is big enough for 2 people to swim for few strokes. And again the view is amazing.

Bed is comfy enough for us; neither hard nor soft. One of the best we ever experienced.

Resort location is amazing with breathtaking view of the sea. Only resort guest is allowed to roam around.

The only reason we giving 4 stars is their food quality. Our breakfast is just average. and our lunch in their Harbour Restaurant is just average. It does not match the resort. Food was tasteless and limited selection. Their Thai food selection is just average. We taste better Thai food in Patong for 1/3 of the cost they charge us. So this is the only area that they can improve on.

As conclusion, even with average food, we still dreaming to return back to The Shore at Katathani. The relaxation and luxuries that we experienced from the resort was one of the best we ever had. Me and my wife believe we had found our favourite resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank apisgogo
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear apisgogo

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that your decision to stay at The Shore was one of the best decisions you have ever made! Thank you for your kind compliments towards our facilities and our staff. We are very happy that you enjoyed the overall stay with us.
Your feedback regarding the food quality has been brought to the attention of our Executive Chef and the concerned Management who are working on a solution to improve our overall cuisine service. I do apologize that it didn’t meet your expectation.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back “aShore” soon!
Thank you again.

Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#2 of 56 in Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!