Just recently spent 3 nights at the Shore Katathani and then 4 nights at the sister resort Katathani Phuket Resort next door. Where do I start. The Shore was amazing! We were in Turtle Alley Room 8835 in a sea view villa. What a view, lying on the bed after a restful nights sleep in the biggest bed I have ever slept (extra large king size) in waking up to that view was breathtaking. First mornings breakfast was amazing, huge amount of food (must think we eat like giants). The room itself was just beautiful, so well thought out with a beautiful bathroom, outdoor day beds and glorious pool. Noted that some people mentioned it was a little cold. I can assure you for the temperatures we had 34 and very humid everyday is was just right. Refreshing but not too cold! The service and security from the time we arrived was fantastic. Buggy's to get you up and down the steep hill which was great as I had a swollen and sore ankle and didnt fancy those flights of stairs. The Harbur restaurant for afternoon tea was fab (included in price with breakky) didnt need lunch. Then later on from 5.30 cocktail hour. We ate 3 times at the restaurant for tea, beautiful fresh seafood accompained by tasty and unusual flavours which only enhanced the overall meal. Reasonably priced considering the quality. We did eat at Mom Tri's one night which does have a fabulous outlook, food was excellent but very pricey so value for money couldnt go past the Harbur. Smart (head waiter I think) looked after our every need and is such a lovely young man. All the staff were great but he stood out.
Enjoyed our 4 nights at next doors resort, obviously not of this standard and took a while to settle after such luxury but still enjoyed adults only pool, massages, pedicures etc by the team of lovely ladies around the pool. Overall what a fabulous place on a lovely beach which basically both the resorts overlook the whole beach so was well taken care of. A bit further to go but well worth it. After going into Patong a couple of nights to see Fantasea and Simon caberet overridden by obnoxious drunk people with a disgusting and dirty beach, I was glad of decision and beach (Kata Noi) is brilliant. Five minutes by cab into Kata which has the usual markets and cheap shops, food places etc.if you like the hustle and bustle.
I cant praise the Shore enough and if I ever see anymore specials I will be there!!
Hope to be back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach