We have stayed at 5 star hotels and resorts in several countries but none compare with this. As many other reviewers have stated these villas are just as good as the brochure stays and leave you breathless when shown in by the welcoming staff.
Breakfast delivered to the room on our first morning was amazing (see photo) and the facilities in the room second to none.
I forgot to give a special thanks to the staff who created fabulous displays with the towels (Swans, Crabs, Elephants and Rabbits) and for leaving us wedding anniversary cakes on our 35th anniversary but I can assure them they were greatly appreciated.
We stayed in Villa 8871 which I would highly recommend as there is no unit directly in front and the privacy in the infinity pool is total. The only minor negative with this unit is that it is positioned such that you can’t see the sunset. No real problem though as it has an easy shortcut access to the beach and there are plenty of places to watch a sunset from. Another plus was the fireworks. These displays seem to happen whenever there is a wedding or a special event and whilst shot from the beach they exploded just in front of our unit where we sat in the relaxation pit or the pool and watched these fabulous explosions of colour.
Apart from the breakfasts, which were excellent, as were the restaurant staff, we didn’t eat at the resort, preferring to try several of the local restaurants. The best of these is Bella Vista, which we thought better than Mom Tris in food and setting and about 70% of the price.
If you want a fantastic massage try Kata Day Spa. It is a little difficult to find as it is about 100m off the main road (a few hundred metres from Thai Boxing) but was the best we tried by far and after finding it we returned for a 90 minute aromatherapy massage every day. The ladies are lovely and professionally trained, which makes a huge difference in the quality of the massage. Check their website.
Staying at The Shore was a wonderful experience we will never forget but if you had to pay the “shelf” price it would be just too expensive. We hope to return but will need another special deal to be able to justify it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach