“Run Through The Jungle...”

Kok Chang Safari Elephant Trekking
Ranked #7 of 22 things to do in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Kok Chang Elephant Trekking Safari in set on a beautiful ocean viewpoint where the dense tropical jungle overlooks Kata Noi Bay. We offer various jungle routes riding on these Majestic animals from 20 minutes, or to the summit on 30 minute and 1 hour treks. Fully trained and experienced guide handlers will take you and your family through the dense tropical forest along paths and trails from the southwest corner of the beautiful Phuket island stopping at scenic beauty for photographs along the way. Get lucky and sit on the elephants neck. Children and adults are encouraged to stop by the banana kiosk to observe and feed the Elephants, there is no charge. This is a great photo opportunity and you can even touch the elephants trunk.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My fiancee and I had a great time. We took the 50 minute trek, and for about 1/3 of it went solo as the guide walked on foot so he could snap pics of us. The animals seemed well taken care of, and, unlike other elephant treks I've done, I didn't feel the elephant was stressed or upset.

The guides and staff were very helpful and I would recommend it. We also had our hotel hire a driver for us, who then took us to a few other sites (Big Buddha, shooting range). Best to negotiate a flat hourly rate ($500 baht).

As for the elephant trek, grab a taxi and check it out! (Bring a camera!)

1  Thank MikeLMurphy

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Our mahout tong spoke English and was very knowledgable about the elephants, training and was fun and really made the tour even more fun. I would recommend the 50 minute tour great views from the top of the hill. Elephants seem much better cared for than other elephant rides we saw. Very prompt with the transfer. Our hotel did try to sell us a different your I would assume because they get a commission for the other tour. Kok Chang will organise transfers ( ours was free) and one price for all is really good local or tourist. Great service great staff. Highly recomend

1  Thank Gizo-1
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very laid back, fun, Thai-run company. I thought the elephants were all well-treated and the staff were friendly. My husband and I did the 30-minute elephant ride and it was great. Our elephant was well-treated and our guide took a ton of pictures of us as we rode.

The only negative aspect for me (and kind of a big one) was that our guide decided to smoke a cigarette from his perch on top of the elephant's neck while we were riding. Neither my husband nor I are smokers and the onslaught of cigarette smoke into our faces was disgusting. I try to avoid smoking areas in general, and the fact that the guide was smoking mere inches from my face and I couldn't get away from it was really annoying.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

A proper 1 h long elephant trekking through the rainforest!
This place & its staff absolutely deserves our "congratulations" for a brilliant job they do there:
- the "mahout" ( elephant responsible person ) was a very nice person, he took many pictures of us on the elephant
- after the ride, you can feed the elephants with bananas ( as a small" thank you" you can donate if you want some money to help the sanctuary) its not like the usual tourist rip off (e.g. We went on another elephant trekking tours as well, where the bananas actually COST 100 baht!)
-we got transfer in a nice car from our hotel to Kok Chang and back again to the hotel

In a few words: brilliant experience, was the highlight of our trip! Congrats and thank you Kok Chang!
If we come back to Karon again, we will come to Kok Chang surely again! Highly recommended to everyone :-)

1  Thank Hajnal I
Reviewed May 21, 2013

What an amazing experience, these wonderful friendly gentle giants,,,, loved them,,the whole day was magical.

1  Thank Debra K