Kok Chang Safari Elephant Trekking
Ranked #8 of 18 things to do in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Kok Chang Elephant Trekking Safari in set on a beautiful ocean viewpoint where the dense tropical jungle overlooks Kata Noi Bay. We offer various jungle routes riding on these Majestic animals from 20 minutes, or to the summit on 30 minute and 1 hour treks. Fully trained and experienced guide handlers will take you and your family through the dense tropical forest along paths and trails from the southwest corner of the beautiful Phuket island stopping at scenic beauty for photographs along the way. Get lucky and sit on the elephants neck. Children and adults are encouraged to stop by the banana kiosk to observe and feed the Elephants, there is no charge. This is a great photo opportunity and you can even touch the elephants trunk.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Elephant tracking is a nice thing to experience its interesting and you will see a nice look out of Phuket..

• Arabic first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was very relectuant to go elephant trekking. At first I wasnt keen, but as the ride went on I was happy.
The instructor tells the elephant commands and the elephant responds. He also touches his ears. I was worried about what people were saying about the metal rod they use. Our instructor had to use it once, this was because the elephant was trying to go off route down a steep hill. Dont forget you are on a huge, tall elephant, its a dangerous activity. If the instructor didnt have this, god knows what could of happened.
The ride is pretty steep, but when your at the top, you have amazing views.
Afterwards, we showered the elephant and gave him water and bannanas. The elephants look well looked after. Enjoyed the day :)

Oxford
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Trek”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Did a 50min trek with my Girlfriend. Kok Chang staff collected us, and delivered us back to our hotel. This was included in the price.

The elephants seemed well cared for, and we didnt witness any mistreatment of these fantastic animals.

The 50min trek flew by, we treked through dense jungle, up and down step routes. At the summit the views of Kata are stunning.

I have done Elephant trekking elsewhere before, but still really enjoyed going again. Well worth a coupld of hours of your holiday time.

2 Thank akadaniel
Dawlish, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first experience of elephant trekking, but I really enjoyed this place. The elephants look well cared for and I felt very safe around them. The staff are pleasant and helpful. This was definitely one of the highlights of my holiday!

3 Thank Amber B
Perth, Australia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“A great Experience upon Majestic animals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went with my daughter and her fiance to Kok Chang for a 30 minute elephant ride and were really impressed with the wat these elephants were treated by the mahouts at Kok Chang. I led off on an elephant on my own, while my daughter and her fiance followed behind on another elephant (giving me great photo opportunities of them!). Once we reached the top the mahouts both got down to take photos of us overlooking the bay and my daughter got onto the shoulder of her elehant and was able to ride all the way back down like that, with my elephant going second now.

It was a lovely experience and one of the few places that I would go to.

3 Thank Aly0808