“Really good food!”

Horn Grill Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fallon
“Really good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Had the Cajun Ribeye for lunch and it was fantastic! They have fast free wi-fi and a friendly staff. Definitely one of the top restaurants in the area!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“Very Good steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Defiantly one of the best choices you have while in kata, Dinner for 2 will cost you an average of 2500 bht. and it worth it. they have this lovely outdoor area and a much wider indoor one which we did not know about until the lady asked about the ladies room, and she discovered that the restaurant is in fact much bigger than we first thought. All in all, the steaks here are great! Other food choices are good as well. I highly recommend Horn Grill.

• Visited February 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

With Thailand in mind, there are much cheaper places to go BUT when it comes to service, quality and choise of steaks, this is the place to be. The price range is of course not similar to other thai-restaurant-prices but Horn Grill takes it to another level. Service and quality in top range. My wife and I started enjoying this restaurant in 2006 and to have a better meal , we always end up here. This is more of a 5- star restaurant than a "diner" on a corner, thats why I do not complain about the prices. We have visited Horn Grill since 2006 ( We have been in Phuket 16 times) and I will always cherish this place. Everybody will think of Thailand as cheap place to stay and eat- thats true but Horn Grill is in "another level" of dining. We have been there more than 50 times and for sure- we have yet to have something to "pick on" . We return to Phuket on the 30th of August and will - with out a doubt- visit Horn Grill again. GREAT service, Great food, Great place to be. See you :-) G&G

• Visited February 2014
“Consistently Good Food, Excellent Steaks, Good Atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have eaten here before with great pleasure on previous visits to Phuket and staying close to the Horn Grill this time, it was an easy pick.

Last time I visited, must be more than a year ago, they had some live jazzy music going with an elderly lady singing. She wouldnt have passed audition to American Idol, she was that bad. It was horrible.

NOW, however, things have changed and the jazz is played by a pianist and a guy on sax. Evergreens and pop songs. Very good, nice, relaxing, goes very well with dinner.

There is a lot of talk here about the prices and quite a few say its pretty expensive. I dont agree at all and especially not compared to the quality of the food and compared to other steak restaurants in Bangkok. Allright, Bangkok IS expensive but we can compare it anyway.

We ate here 3 times in the same week in April so this is 3 reviews in 1.

I had the Angus Fillet Mignon 300g on all occassions. Price is 1.300 baht and this includes choice of 2 side orders and a sauce. (like grilled vegetables, potato gratin and pepper sauce).

Side orders in almost every other place are charged xtra so take those out of the equation and it leaves a 300g steak priced at around 1.000 baht. 1.000 baht to me is considered.....if I cant use the word cheap, then its very very reasonable. In Bangkok, that steak would cost 2.000+ baht, and thats for the steak alone, no side orders included. Admitted, the meat in Bangkok is better, the cuts a lot thicker BUT at more than twice the price. You will not be dissatisfied here.

At all 3 visits, the steak was cooked medium-rare to my satisfaction, very tender and very delicious. And it was on all 3 visits. Side orders are generally good, the potato gratin was very tasty. Worth every baht. I dont understand why some folks consider this to be expensive.
I will leave 2 $-signs since I think, for the quality, that it is less pricy than one expects.

The lady is not into steaks but likes pork and fish. One 1 visit she had a pork tenderloin which was very juicy, juicier than most we have tried. Veges and potato to go with that. I think price was around 500 baht, give or take.

On another visit, she had the salmon and lobster combo which she liked so much, she had the same on visit 3. Salmon steak was tasty and not overcooked. I dont like lobster but the lady said it was good. The combo comes with veges and potato I think was under the salmon.
Price was 750 baht, again very reasonable.

Portions are not small and we didnt have any deserts.

I stumbled across another review where the author said the house wine tastes like vinegar. This was after our first visit where I started with a glass of very good house red wine, fresh and sweet. Unlike other house wines. It was finished quickly and I ended up having 3 glasses total. The vinegar comment was far away from the glasses I had enjoyed.

BUT at the 2nd and 3rd visit, ending up with just a single glass on both occassions, the same house wine was now sour to a point where I couldnt finish them. Almost burning my throat. They were really bad and tasted like coming from a bottle (or carton) that had been left open for days. Very unpleasant.

On all 3 visits, the waitress (different ones) forgot an item or brought a wrong item. And they even use handheld order takers, electronic devices. These mistakes should not occur.
A cocktail turned out to be a mocktail, wine didnt come and sauce didnt come. One mishap on each visit. No catastrophe but should not happen in a place like this. Service is overall good here but since they forget at every visit, they need to do something about it. And the issue with the red wine needs immediate attention!

Bills ran into around maximum 3.000 baht total. All in all, the steaks here are great! Other food choices are good as well and I can highly recommend the Horn Grill. I will be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ArchStantonTh
horngrill, Manager at Horn Grill Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and constructive feedback with us. It is wonderful to note that overall, you have been very satisfied with the high quality of the food served, Live Jazz Music and the ambiance.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your dining experience. You are absolutely correct that we have just missed that '5th star' for something that could have been avoided on the errors in service and house wine quality consistency.

This is really valuable feedback and great learning for the team and we can assure you that we have already discussed this together as an opportunity for further improvement to our usually high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Malmö, Skåne Län, Sweden
“Pricey but if worth it if you don't mind paying.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I read that this restaurant was rated number one on Phuket so I had to try it. Initially, I was a little surprised because it was priced was similar to a five start hotel although the restaurant was your normal space by the side of a busy road. With that said, they do have a area in the back where you can sit for a little bit of peace and quiet.

I ordered the Angus filet mignon. It was soft and juicy. The steak was made perfectly. I did enjoy it so the 5 start rating.

But, I think, for the price, I would rather eat at Sams Steak house located in the Holiday Inn at Patong Beach. Because for the same price, you really feel the 5 star service Sams offer which is something I didn't get from Horns grill house.

• Visited May 2014