“Best so far”

Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
COTE D'AZUR
“Best so far”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My 8th. visit to Phuket, the best hotel so far that I have stayed in. Room spacious, staff very friendly. Big pool. Very clean. Good location for beach, night-life, restaurants and the local markets.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LAOBOONMA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Beautiful rooms and bathroom. Wifi or plug in high speed internet included in room. They were finishing off construction on a pool when we were there, but it looked like it was going to be very nice. Breakfast was included and was delicious. Close to beach, shopping and restaurants. A market sets up just down the road every Thursday night where you can buy wonderful foods and goods.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nbarclay
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My partner and I stayed over 3 weeks at this hotel. Its walking distance to the beach with plenty of bars and restaurants close by. Breakfast was included and made to order. The omlete was great and the manager very helpful and even took us around Phuket to see some of his favourite sites including sunset at nai harn. Our room was clean and a good size and there are two pools on well maintained grounds. Rates were cheap and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Tamarilloh
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I accidentally ended up at the Phuket Chaba Hotel as my taxi driver got lost, and didn't seem to know where the hotel was that I was supposed to go to and dropped me by the Phuket Chaba, confusing it with another hotel. In a hurry to get ready for a dinner engagement, I simply decided to stay at the Chaba. But the Phuket Chaba Hotel turned out to be a wonderful find. The tasteful room I was in was impeccably maintained, with a nice design, freshly painted with great colors, and offered a great view of a garden area. The General Manager, Robin Lee, was extremely helpful and went out of his way to be helpful, even personally carrying my bags to my room. The pool area was great. And the location, in Karon, was just down from one of the lively nightlife areas, which was just a walk of a few minutes. I paid 1600 Baht for my room and I found it to be an excellent value. The night before I had stayed at the Ibis---which was sold out for the second night I was going to be in Phuket, (hence my move) and although the Ibis Kata has great benefits (namely price and a nice pool), I actually preferred my room more at the Chaba. All in all, a good find and I was glad I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Taastrup, Denmark
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights in SUPER room with kicthen, wich is a must when you travel with a baby! Very spacius and clean room.
Staff very freindly and helpfull, resturant ok, breakfast ok, poolbar a bit slow.
The brand new pool area is PERFECT, really great and set in a beautifull quit garden.
Only downside, it is a bit far from the beach and the parth to the beach is along a smelly and dirty river where you have to lift up the babytrolly many times!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mailtmette
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is our first visit to Kata as we normally stay in Patong. We stayed 10 nights at Kata and we were pleasantly surprised. There is a wonderful feel here and much nicer than Patong. We thought it might be a bit to quiet but it is full of life and there are plenty of things to do. We travel the world and Chaba hotel filled all the boxes for our visit. It is located in a hotel complex with a few different hotels. We purchased a superior room (cheapest rooms) at a great rate on Agoda. It was furnished lovely with modern wood furniture and very clean. The bed was comfortable and we slept well as it was so quiet. It has Lan line internet that works great.(Don't forget to bring LAN Cable).Two free computers in lobby. The bathroom was clean with roomy shower. We had a good size TV with a good amount of English TV. We do not have a proper balcony but the doors open up and you can put your chairs and little table in front of them and it feels like a balcony. There are two pools. A small one and a large one to swim in which is great and also a bar by the large pool..The breakfast was excellent! Plenty of choice including eggs any way you like them. The beach is a 10 minute walk down a nice path. The last review was really off the mark but you can't please everyone. We were very happy with Chaba and it was great value for the money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
All around the World
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Only stopped 1 night, at end of my holiday, I did try and book hotel for whole of my stay, now i'm glad they were full.
Only Superior Room 212 available. 1800 bahts for the night including breakfast and free internet wifi in room.

Room seemed ok, looked nice, although not much storage space, small very hot & no balcony.
Just didn't feel that clean. The last occupants half used hotel shower gel and soap still in bathroom. The Toilet seat had brown stains on the front half of it. When I complained was told it must be the Thai water used to clean caused the stain. I don't think so. But for 1 night i'll put up with it.
Air Conditioning unit, no remote control so if too hot or cold in the night had to get up to turn off/on.

Bed was comfy although woke up many times scratching from bed sheets. Maybe bugs not sure. Did find long hairs ( not mine) on the bed sheets. Not nice.

Breakfast, very poor, poor choice, orange juice mix way too strong. Cereal was ok. Ive never seen bacon with so much fat. Steaky Bacon without the bacon.

Internet was a joke. No wifi in room. Although advertised there is. Wifi only worked now and again within 5 yards of reception area. I heard another guest complaining neither cable internet or wifi worked in their room. Hotel has 2 computers free of charge in reception, 1 was broken, the other always losing connection. So take your chance in the non Air Conditioned Reception area together with the Mosquitos.

Hotel staff spoke very little English, if there was a problem.. sorry don't understand.

One plus point was the outside pool/garden area at the back of the hotel was superb. Plenty of space, sunbeds and clean pool with shower. Also bar area.

But overall a bad experience.
Go next door to Beach Boutique far, far, better and friendly staff.
For the same price at the Beach Boutique, I had a large Studio Apartment with Balcony.
Or try one of the many other new hotels in the area in the Beach Centre Area.

Would I stay here again? Not if you paid me!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
#33 of 56 in Kata Beach
Honey Resort
Honey Resort
#85 of 132 in Karon

Been to Phuket Chaba Hotel? Share your experiences!