“2010 villareal heights”

Ranked #5 of 60 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
surrey
“2010 villareal heights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

I had a great stay at villareal heights in phuket, thailand. Very helpful staff with an exceptionally high standard of service and lots of helpful advice for your stay. Rooms looks exactly as they do in the photos. Hot and sunny all year round, about half an hour transfer from airport. Very good location, close to the port for boat trips to phang nga and phi phi islands etc, 10 mins tuk tuk to patong beach, 10 mins walk to Karon beach which is miles long with plentiful of sunloungers. Def worth a repeat stay.

• Stayed January 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights and had a fantastic stay. The atmosphere here is unique, Phil and Joe (that's the owners) are lovely people and go out of their way to help guests organise trips, get around the local area and recommend restaurants, beaches, bars...whatever you ask for! The rooms are well equipt and very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
chrispady
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

I went on a spontaneous trip to Phuket after agreeing to join a friend for a few days who was holidaying there. Where she was staying was fully booked, so after trawling through TripAdvisor I found 'Villareal Heights.' The reviews spoke for themselves, and luckily they had room for me. I booked via the website and received a very prompt response, confirming the rate etc..

The place was easy to find thanks to the pre-arranged taxi that was waiting for me at the airport, and Phil and Jo (the proprietors) were there to greet me at the hotel. After a long chat I went up to my room. The Deluxe Room was ideal and nicely decorated with a big bed, big tv, dvd player, lovely bathroom with huge shower, not to mention very clean. I wasn't overly bothered about having a view, so I opted to pay less to not have one, however the other balconies have mountain/ocean facing views.
After pursuing the 300 dvd library I settled on one and when the specific dvd wouldnt work in my machine, Phil dutifully pulled the Surround Sound unit from the suite next door and I was good to go. The bed was fantastic, and I slept like a log! (P.S. the suites are amazing!)

The next day Phil kindly dropped me down at the beach, which is only a 10 minute walk. However, because of the size of the Club Med, everywhere in Kata is 10 minutes walk to the beach! The walk back was no trouble, and I was glad to get in the big shower once back! My friend and I went for dinner in nearby Karon at the Red Onion, one of Phil and Jo's favourties - selling great Thai food at low prices, I thoroughly recommend. Villareal Heights is conveniently situated on the Patak Road equidistant from Kata Beach and Karon, which both offer great restaurants/bars.

Phil and Jo were extremely accomodating, and very kindly took my friend and I up to the Big Buddha, then to watch the sunset at Kata Noi - which was fantastic. It was like staying with friends as opposed to a hotel, and I recommend it to anyone, on whatever budget. I'll be coming back for sure.

Also, unlike some resorts, the pictures don't do this place justice - it's fresh, modern and clean and even better when you're there. Better still, Phil gets some good rates on the day trips to Phi Phi/James Bond Island etc..

Thoroughly Recommend!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

I stayed at Villareal Heights for 4 days in Dec/Jan and it was one of the cleanest places I have stayed in. The place was very new, the service was excellent, and very close to a couple of beaches.

Phil, the owner, and his wife Jo were very friendly and made us feel welcome. Phil even took the time to show us around in his car a couple of times, and even shouted us lunch on the first day!

Had free access to wifi, restaurants close by, 7-11 is under 5 min walk, and shops and more restaurants under 10 min walk. Ideal place to be for some quiet time. Phil also helped us to sort out some of the tours that we wanted to do by taking us to a travel agent.

Overall, a wonderful experience, and we had no worries about safety, or even getting back to the airport as this was organised and paid for by Phil.

Thanx for the experience! All the best to you and your wife, and Dobie!

Sanjay

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed for 7 nights in Dec 09 and Jan 10.....the hotel is pretty much brand new and all rooms (we stayed in the downstairs unit and a mountain view suite) are kitted out very nicely and tastefully, and are quite luxurious. Rooms are immaculately clean.

Phil and Jo the owners went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, with a level of service you wont get from most hotels, if any at all. Phil even took us on a quick tour of the area in his ute and pointed out the do's and dont's of the area, as well as helping us out with various day trips we'd planned. And best of all he showed us a little Thai noodle place about 100 metres up the road towards Karon which serves really tasty Thai food for just 45 baht (under $2!!). Locals come here to eat, so its the real deal.

Overall had a fantastic time, and the hotel definitely contributed to the enjoyment of our stay. THis is an excellent hotel if you dont want to lounge by a pool, get room service, concierge service etc. Its more suited to the traveller who wants a luxurious stay without the pretentious feel of a luxury hotel.

The only downside is the location, in that its not next to the beach. If you want to trot out of your hotel and be on the beach, this place isnt for you as its around 10-15 minutes to walk to either Kata beach or Karon beach, both of which are fantastic beaches. Stay here, not at Patong, if you want a nice beach close. My advice would be to stay here but hire a scooter (150-200 baht a day) and that way you have complete independence. Just wear a helmet, as the totally corrupt cops prey off tourists for bribes if you dont wear one (or break any other 'rule' that you're supposed to be following, but nobody else is!)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at Villareal- Heights for Christmas & New year 2010 and were both really impressed with the high standard of accomodation & wonderfully helpful owners.
The room was spacious, attention to detail & style faultless and the room was kept sploltssly clean, despite our constant trail of sand from the beach! Although the beaches are a short walk, you have the advantage of being located between two very different beaches/ resorts, Kata, a livelier option and Karon, more chilled and less populated.
What made this stay especially memorable for us was the warmth & hospitality of the owners. They were able to suggest sites and places to visit that weren't obviously on the tourist trail and on several occasions, actually drove us to these spots. They helped arrange trips & moped hire at good rates with reliable businesses and made us feel that we were getting the most from our 9 day stay.
We'd highly recommend Villareal- Heights and both look forward to returning in the coming years,

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband, my parents and I had a wonderful time in Phuket during our stay at Villareal-Heights from December 30, 2009 to January 2, 2010. The rooms were spotlessly clean, perfect size to accommodate our luggage, furnished with comfortable bed, equipped with flat screen TV, DVD player, hair dryer, and completed by a cozy, family-like, friendly atmosphere, just like home!
Thanks to the great assistance given by Phil and Joe on the rental of motorbikes, recommendation of restaurants and tours and helping us surprise my parents with an Anniversary/Birthday cake, our trip was a complete success!
We highly recommend Villareal-Heights as the place to stay in Kata and we will definitely return to Villareal-Heights on our next trip to Phuket.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Navatara Phuket Resort
Sugar Marina Resort - Surf
Sugar Marina Resort - Surf
#21 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Villareal Heights? Share your experiences!