“The place to stay in Kata beach!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villareal Heights

Villareal Heights
Ranked #5 of 60 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Reno, Nevada
“The place to stay in Kata beach!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

great place! Phil and Jo know how to show great hospitality to their guest. I travel around the world 8 months of the year and stay in all kinds of accomidations and this is 1 of the best I've ever stayed in. Nice rooms, great rates, close to beach, quite, clean and welcoming! if you come to Kata beach you should sleep here.

Room Tip: I would always up-grade to the nicest rooms they have, as it's not much more a night and you get...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Jo and Phil deserve all the accolades they've received from all their glowing reviews. When I first checked in, Jo very generously upgraded me from the deluxe room I had originally booked. She also provided helpful suggestions on walking routes to access Karon or Kata beaches, as well as different restaurants to try. When I requested a recommendation for a good massage place, Jo went above and beyond by calling the day spa she knew and scheduling an appointment for me. Jo also arranged taxi transport to the airport, but more importantly allowed me a late check-out. The units are large, bright, airy and comfortable with tasteful decor and nice amenities. The location of Villareal Heights between Kata and Karon is actually quite strategic for visiting either one or both beaches. Being a little more removed from the heavily trafficked streets was also more conducive to a good night's sleep. If I ever return to Phuket, I hope to stay at VH again primarily because of Jo and Phil's wonderful hospitality.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We chose Villareal based on the rave reviews they have received online – and we were not disappointed. What stands out most in our stay at Villareal was the hospitality. Phil and Jo are amazing hosts and make you feel like part of family.

Phil took us to this great viewpoint the first evening we were there, even buying everyone a round of drinks! And – the next day, when the taxi we booked didn’t turn up – he dropped where we needed to go. How cool is that!?
Jo pointed out the best places to eat (The Pad thai shop & Kwons Seafood – both of which feature in the Lonely Planet guidebook – not 5 minutes away!!). And, was more than happy to stay up late waiting for us to get back from dinner, to allow me to dig into her huge collection of movies.

The room was spacious (we chose an Ocean view – and yes, you could see the ocean), clean and had all necessary amenities (including a microwave – very convenient).

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying at Kata/Karon – good value for money & a home away from home.
Thank you Phil & Jo – you, as hosts, deserve nothing less than a 5/5 rating!

Cairns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed at Villareal in October. As mentioned in other reviews, Phil is an excellent host who gives you a personal tour of the area & points out places of interest. The apartments are in a nice quiet location approx 15 mins walk from the beach. We hired a scooter with Phil's assistance which made access to Kata & Karong beaches a breeze. The apartment was well appointed & clean, beds comfortable, great aircon & shower pressure was great. My one criticism was the lack of a bedside lamp. Phil provided me with a booklight which enabled my husband to sleep while I was reading, but I would have preferred a lamp. Phil organized tours, massages & facilitated my husband's need to see the Rugby World Cup all without fuss. I would recommend you book airport transfers with Phil as our late night arrival trying to organize a reasonable rate for transport to Kata in the rain was a nightmare. I was slightly disappointed that breakfast was not included (the listing is for bed & breakfast) however there are many restaurants within a short distance offering exceptional value. Be warned that we found it difficult to find anywhere open for breakfast before 7.30.

Room Tip: Aim for a higher than 1st floor room to get a good view of the sea.
1 Thank Maccadamia
Wuhan, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I and my mother, two good friends have a very nice experience in Villareal Heights during my holidays from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2.
The host of the hotel, Phi, a very nice person arrange very nice, cleaning, comfortble room as you can see on the website for us. Due to our flight landing on midnight, but Phi still waiting and give us the charming smile to welcome us at he gate. The next day morning, Nice phi drived the car show us to look around, see the kata beach, viewpoints and introuduce us which local food shop and massage shop are best. Stay in phuket total 5 days 4 nights, phi always can show you some good sugguests, and be prove really very good choose.

Moreover, the hotel to kata beach is very shortly, just 15mintue by walk is ok.

Due to the phi's good arrangement, we saw the best simon show and joint a very nice travle package. Overall, stay here, phi can do a best service and good suggest to you.

Thanks for phi's good service, my mother has a good birthday in phuket. Looking forward to stay here again when i am next dropping.

Room Tip: sea view suit
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
china
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have a very nice experience in Villareal Heights during my Phuket holidays. There have very cleaning room, very kindness person. Phil, he is host of the hotel. Due to our own reasons, we reach the hotel delay one day, but Phil can not charge our fee of room and the airport pick up. And drive with us to viewpoint and have a very nice trip.

Room Tip: It is the best choice
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed here in May at the end of a 3 month trip through SE Asia. We had been backpacking most of our trip and decided to "splurge" and spend a few nights in nice accomodation before we headed home.

Phil is a wonderful host, and drives you around the area so you can get your bearings and see the sights. We really enjoyed our stay here and will definately be back.

It is far enough away from all of the tourist traps of Phuket and the beach is lovely (a short walk away). We also were able to use the pool next door too which was great.

Thanks Phil for having us

Navatara Phuket Resort
Sugar Marina Resort - Surf
Sugar Marina Resort - Surf
#21 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Villareal Heights? Share your experiences!