“This place is superb - what's going on!!!”

Mali Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #145 of 184 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2017

We reluctantly tried this when we came last year. I had an excellent fish dish the first night and so we came back and had another excellent meal. Then taking a walk off the beach, losing our bearings we found it again one lunch time and had great sushi.

When we talked about lunchtimes for this year I said I could eat out of the Japanese every lunch time!

We came back here for several Dinners and a couple of lunches (all very good) (bit hit and miss with the staff sometimes) and ended up having takeaway for Lunch several times as well.

The Chef/s here are very good and in the many visits I have made in just 2 years they have NEVER cut corners, the standards are excellent.

I recommend the Sushi and The Vietnamese Spring Rolls (Summer Rolls).

The only thing stopping me giving this place 10/10 is the hit and miss affair with waiters.

PS: It has taken me a long time to find this place on Tripadvisor, I can not belive where it is ranked and how little reviews! Perhaps it's because no one remembers the name of it (I had to find a receipt) ?

Reviewed January 16, 2017

This place was built around 8 years ago, white concrete, fresh. A sushi chef prepared (pricy) fresh sushi and other dishes where available as well of course like the normal bbq fish and seafood.
Today it's worn down and most of the charm is exchanged for a dull experience. Nice staff and service, but there are better places to go.

Reviewed December 30, 2015

We went to Mali Chic at Palm Square. There was live music and good atmosphere. The staff was friendly, but the food was bland - even on the thai food. The food was over priced compared to other local restaurants and the beer was double priced of the other places we went to.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

My Norwegian customer with his Thai wife who live in Issan came in this morning and told me what happen last night. He said for his birthday dinner they went to Mali for BBQ Lobster. He told me he ordered Lobster his wife ordered Crab and their bill came out to 3,000 baht. He said that immediately after he took 2 bites he went to the toilet to throw up. I asked him, "Did you tell the Cook?" "Anybody?" He said no. This guy is turning 69 so his need to avoid confrontation I can understand since he owns 2 home and a condo in Korat. Very beautiful and expensive homes. Since he has lived here so long, he is aware avoiding confrontation with Thailand is a good idea. I am so sorry. If I would have went with him, I am not the same kind of guy. My wife owns Boots & Saddle Bar, Cheap Rooms Guesthouse and Nang Massage. I always ask our customers "Do you have any complaints?" "What can I do better?"

1  Thank michaelandnang
Reviewed May 31, 2015

Good Thai food, reasonably priced. Extensive menus, from western, local and Japanese cuisine. Live music.