“Used to be soo nice, fish sushi bar, ..”

Mali Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #147 of 183 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2017

This place was built around 8 years ago, white concrete, fresh. A sushi chef prepared (pricy) fresh sushi and other dishes where available as well of course like the normal bbq fish and seafood.
Today it's worn down and most of the charm is exchanged for a dull experience. Nice staff and service, but there are better places to go.

Reviewed December 30, 2015

We went to Mali Chic at Palm Square. There was live music and good atmosphere. The staff was friendly, but the food was bland - even on the thai food. The food was over priced compared to other local restaurants and the beer was double priced of the other places we went to.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

My Norwegian customer with his Thai wife who live in Issan came in this morning and told me what happen last night. He said for his birthday dinner they went to Mali for BBQ Lobster. He told me he ordered Lobster his wife ordered Crab and their bill came out to 3,000 baht. He said that immediately after he took 2 bites he went to the toilet to throw up. I asked him, "Did you tell the Cook?" "Anybody?" He said no. This guy is turning 69 so his need to avoid confrontation I can understand since he owns 2 home and a condo in Korat. Very beautiful and expensive homes. Since he has lived here so long, he is aware avoiding confrontation with Thailand is a good idea. I am so sorry. If I would have went with him, I am not the same kind of guy. My wife owns Boots & Saddle Bar, Cheap Rooms Guesthouse and Nang Massage. I always ask our customers "Do you have any complaints?" "What can I do better?"

1  Thank michaelandnang
Reviewed May 31, 2015

Good Thai food, reasonably priced. Extensive menus, from western, local and Japanese cuisine. Live music.

Reviewed May 24, 2015

We stayed at the Kata Beach Spa and Resort and found this place directly opposite. My wife and I enjoy seafood hence the title. We visited this restaurant on four occasions and the chef did not fail. We had the tempura prawns ( awesome), the scallops and on each occasion cooked to perfection. An added bonus was the free soup and the salad bar. On each of the nights we attended, (we got there early) the place just filled up and it was obvious the patrons were returning like we did. It was convenient, the staff attentive and we could not fault the service. Would highly recommend. I note one of the previous comments that you can get cheaper. You can always get cheaper meals, BUT are they as enjoyable. We are prepared to pay the little extra to get the best food. That is what you will get here.