I was so glad that my request for a seaview deluxe room was fulfilled during check-in. The request was made through my booking with one of the hotel booking websites, which does not guarantee the view of deluxe room.
We were greeted by friendly hotel staffs, always with a smile from the moment we checked in. I droved my rented car to the hotel lobby to unload my bags and was surprised to find that a friendly English lady who I thought was a tourist initially approached us and helped to coordinate the unloading. She is Matilda, the 'celebrity' customer service rep of Avista. Welcome drink served and wet towel given during check-in.
The moment the room door was opened, I was amazed with the modern design of the room, with LCD Flatscreen TV, DVD player. Everything looks new, nice and clean. I was also delighted with the FREE Wi-Fi service offered by the hotel. Enjoying a drink at our room balcony during sunset, chit-chating and surfing internet through our mobile phone via Wi-Fi is one of the most enjoyable moment during my stay at the hotel.
The buffet breakfast at En Vogue, the hotel's only restaurant, was tempting due to great variety of food. The lovely customer service rep, Matilda, was seen in the restaurant every morning, talking to every hotel guest from one table to another, getting daily feedback from each hotel guest for improvement. This is what I call the hotel with excellent service which deserves compliments.
The hotel is located on steep hill between Karon beach and Kata beach. However, due to its proximity to Kata & Karon beaches and the happening town, it is still one of the best place to stay in Kata. Moreover, it is safer staying on a hill in case there is a Tsunami. There are 3 decent swimming pools and a gym in the hotel. Each room is also provided with umbrella and beach slippers, The most special feature of all in our room is the soothing blue color wall lighting to create a more romantic feel. Loved it!
The only complaint I had was the inconsistent temperature of the shower in my bathroom. Though you set to slightly warmer water, the temperature was flip-flopping between hot and cold water. A problem which the hotel should look into.
Overall, this is the right place to stay in Kata or even in the whole of Phuket, considering the location, value for money, tip-top service, nice & clean hotel, modern & trendy room design with complete hotel facilities. I definitely recommend it and will return if I come to Phuket again for vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach