This place had everything we needed and just about everything we expected.
The deluxe room we stayed in was big, clean, luxurious and had a view of the pools and ocean. There was a 40" LCD TV, huge bathroom, balcony and in-room WiFi (available all over the resort including poolside).
The buffet breakfast included in our package was very good, with food to suit most people. I especially enjoyed the fresh eggs and omelettes that were prepared on the spot for you within a minute!
The beauty of this resort isn't just in all of the above, but in the smiles, politeness and pleasantries of all the staff (including those working behind the scenes). They welcomed us daily and was always professional to deal with.
And in regards to the location, the resort is about 200m from the beach or shops, and yes it is set up on a small hillside. Go down the hill, turn left for the shops/restaurants, or turn right for the beach. I'm in my mid 30's with bad knees and the hill did not cause any problems whatsoever. I actually loved the fact that the resort is away from the street stalls or shopfronts. There is a mini bus shuttle service that runs down to the beach for those who don't want to walk, but it was on a set schedule, and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Overall, a great place to stay.
Note: there is what looks to be some cleared land next door (up the hill, and mostly out of sight) that looks primed to be developed into a new resort - no work was being done or started whilst we were there in late August 2010.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach