Had a fantastic stay in this hotel in March, 2010. Visited Phuket with my wife, parents and aunty. This is a new and excellent property. I would in summary say the following:
Pros: Excellent rooms. Very very new. Attention to detail in the room is great.LCD TVs etc. etc. Great bathrooms with tub and shower both. Lots of towels. Very good breakfast spread. Lots to choose from. Nice 2 level pool. Exellent service. All the staff are well trained and are extremely courteous.They never fail to help or greet any of the guests. ALways smiling, they try to make everyone comfortable. All phone calls (to house keeping, reception etc.) were promptly answered to. Requests for extra tea/coffee sachets were cheerfully attended to. Very good and competent General Manager. Took personal care of us.
Cons: None. Only con that I could think of is that it is located on a steep hill. Bit of a climb but not a big deal, the climb is manageable. If someone has mobility problems, he/she can take the shuttle.
Overall: One of the best holidays I have ever had. Service wise, probably the best service I have got in my life (believe me, I have stayed in a lot of hotels across Asia and this one would rate on top in service). A small metion on the service levels-We had 2 rooms. We retained one room for a late checkout and checked out from the other one as per stipulated time. Unfortunately we forgot the printouts of our air tickets and my wife's pregnancy certificiate (needed for flying) and some other important papers in the room we checked out from. We realised this only in the night when we were checking out. We called the reception and they promptly despatced someone to look for the papers. The papers were probably thrown away by the housekeeping who cleaned the room. We thought we had lost them. However when we were checking out (paying our bills) we see that one of the hotel staff has retrieved the papers (from the dustbin or wherever they were thrown) and was running to the reception to hand them over to us!!! Man we were relieved and blown away by the stupendous service. Hats off to the staff and the management to train their staff in such a manner!
Overall it is an excellent hotel and strongly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach