I'm not going to repeat the good things about Avista, previous reviews say it all: excellent value for money, friendly staff, spacious room and etc.
Before we arrived I was a bit concerned about the taxi mafia mentioned in many reviews. I was under the impression that they are aggressive and rude. The fact is, they didn't bother us at all. Surely Phuket taxi is expensive, but at least the mafia outside Avista doesn't charge any more than the ones on the street. We used their service a couple of times and both drivers are genuinely friendly. And if you don't want their service, simply smile and say no, they will leave you alone, this also works for the massage, suits and time share people. The mafia problem needs to be fixed by the government, but before that it shouldn't put you off for staying at Avista.
In the end I would like to mention a few minor problems:
Some wooden furnitures in the room are chipped quite badly and make the room look worn.
The music played at the pool bar are not the relaxing type but disco-like.
Gym needs better ventilation and perhaps air freshener; been there a couple of times and the smell is very unpleasant.
Spa is good but still doesn't justify it's high price.
Overall Avista is a great place to stay in Kata and we will definitely return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach