A great hotel and the service is second to none. This was our second trip to Avista and we were welcomed with a personal card and cake saying 'welcome back', a nice touch! A special mention to Angelique who provided us with fantastic service. Always asking how our day was, taking time out to chat to my children and being able to address any concerns immediately.
We stayed in the Grand Deluxe room, having two young children aged 7 and 9, it was extremely comfortable for our needs. We were on Level 4 and this afforded ocean glimpses and a nice outlook. It also has a great sized balcony with two comfortable chairs which was a nice place to relax and enjoy the ambience with a glass of wine or beer!
The pools were great. The pool on the bottom level is designed with children in mind and has a smaller shallow pool next to it. The main pool has a pool bar with happy hour between 3 and 5:00 each day. Prices are fine and the cocktail selection caters for most people!
We used the kids club for an hour whilst my wife and I had a massage and the children loved it. It is run by two great Thai ladies who were excellent.
The hill to the resort is steep, however for all of the food and drinks consumed on holidays, we thought of it as forced exercise. There is always the option of getting a Tuk Tuk for those that do not want to walk up the hill - for us though, it took 3 minutes maximum!
My only suggestion for improvement would be to place a toilet near the pool, perhaps next to the gym. The nearest toilet is at the restaurant at the entrance to the resort, which is a decent walk and involved walking through he restaurant each time. This was an issue raised by some of the other guests we spoke too whilst we were there. That is the only negative though, we have already booked our trip back! A great location and a great hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach