The hotel is probably one of the best at Kata Beach, although it will not be my first choice next time. I would prefer the southern part of Kata Beach and a more child-friendly hotel.
Travelling with a 5 -year old I would rather choose a hotel with a bit more to offer.
The kids-club is just a tiny room with some toys and two tv's. The kid-club staff is good, but the space is just tiny.
The rooms are all very nice and we had a great Deluxe towards the pool. There is really no need for a Clublevel...Just the same room at double the price, with a limited sea view.
- safe and good location on a hilltop
- good selection at breakfast
- clean and well maintained grounds
- good customerservice and friendly staff, especially Iren the customer relations manager(?) and at breakfast.
- The hotel is very good at handling complaints! So if you have something you are not happy about they will try to amend.
- safe to leave your belongings in the room, tried to leave a tip on the table, and the money was never taken..
- this area of Kata Beach is in my opinion a bit to sleazy...to many ladybars and not enough good restaurants
- the pools are small and they were freezing cold
- very slippery around the pools, you need to have slippers on
- poor service at the restaurant...everything took ages to order.
- there is only one restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- travelling during the rainy season the offers at the hotel are just to limited
Rearding the taxi-mafia outside, there is really nothing to worry about. They charge you an extra 100 bath compared to other taxis, but seriously what is 100 bath...??
We used them for a daytrip around to the Big Buddha/Butterfly Park, Central Festival and Wat Chalong and found the driver to be excellent, so no worries!
So final verdict: Good hotel, good customerservice ( apart from the restaurant) and good rooms. But no WOW factor for me. This hotel is best for couples and families with older children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach