“Wonderful stay”

Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent an incredible 8 nights at Avista in a Deluxe room. The room itself was faultless, and the staff were incredibly helpful, going out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable stay. I looked forward to breakfast each morning - there was an extensive range of great food to choose from, and a lovely man who cooks eggs to your liking.

There were numerous sun lounges around the pool (so comfortable!), meaning even when the pool was busy it was easy to find one to lounge on. We also loved the pool bar (3pm-5pm: 20% off), and the pingpong and billiards tables in the games room.

The two free bottles of water left in our room each day was also much appreciated. Overall, one of the best resorts I've stayed in (maybe the best!). Looking forward to another stay here in the future.

A few tips:

- The taxis out the front of the resort are over priced and don't really barter much, we found it cheaper to walk down the hill into the town (2 minute walk) and get a taxi from there.

- If booking tours or tickets, book in town at one of the agents instead of in the hotel. With some hard bartering we got a tour to Phi Phi for 1300 baht from 3200 baht.

- Don't ask for 'spicy' if you order room service in the resort. My partner and I love spicy food and eat a lot of hot dishes, however, the Pad Thai we received was so spicy that we had extreme stomach cramps for the rest of the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LH93
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear LH93,

Sawasdee Krab!
Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort and Spa!
Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.
We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay with us and your kind words of appreciation will encourage the entire team to strive for improving the quality of service. We have shared your kind words of appreciation with our team members, who have left you with fond memories of the place. Your compliments will definitely encourage us to continue and improve our service.
We are glad that you enjoyed your holiday and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Avista, Phuket

Write a ReviewReviews (2,629)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Thought the official check - in time was 2pm, we were able to check - in around 10am. There was absolutely no fuss from the hotel. Avista's buffet breakfast is definitely a highlight, the spread was excellent and had sufficient options for vegetarians.
The room was big, very well appointed, bathroom was big, clean and the water pressure was good as well. The pool was pretty good and big enough.
The climb to the hill might be difficult for some, however for us, it was a part of our experience. Even my 3 yr old son was able to make it to the top without a problem. The location is definitely convenient, once you get down the hill, turn right for the beach and turn left for the town. All close by, 5 mins walk.
We did not use the hotel taxi service or the so called "taxi mafia" for any of our trips. I

Tips : If you plan to do day trips to James bond Island or Phi-Phi etc, please shop around in the town, the rates are at least 50% lower than the agents associated with the hotel.

Room Tip: Though this is not a room related trip, this could save you thousands of bhat. If you plan to do da...

Dear ArunNarayanan

Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort & Spa!
Thank you for choosing Avista Phuket Resort & Spa as your holiday destination.
We are delighted to hear that we lived up to your expectations and you had a memorable holiday experience. Your words of appreciation have been shared with our team.
Once again thank you for your compliment as my team and I stay committed to deliver to our guests satisfaction. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Avista,Phuket.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at Avista for 7 days and 6 nights. Me and my Mom's experience was remarkable because of the excellent service in all aspects from reception to room service, facilities. Even
small favor and questions that I want to ask, I was satisfied with the way they treat us. Special mention to Angelique together with the whole Front Office staff. They are very accommodating and always willing to help. Our room was well maintained and they do not forget to replenish all the items we need. I experienced lots of massage services but nothing can compare with the one I had in Avista. We were so delighted with the breakfastt because there are lots of choices to choose from. It was my first Asian trip and for sure, if time permits, I want to be back not only with my Mom but with the rest of my family. I'm glad to recommend Avista to my friends and to all my co workers to enjoy the same experience. Good job everyone and more power.

Dear henya_071986,

Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort & Spa!
Thank you for sparing the time to tell us about your holiday in detail. We are delighted to note that we met your expectation and we are happy to note that our service left you with fond memories of the place. We value your feedback and it’s our endeavor to better our product and services with each passing year. We look forward to welcoming you back again at the resort!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent :Breakfast, clean room, professional service, massage, extra facilities(computers, pingpong, billiards, kids club)

There is a restaurant having nice foods near the hotel.

My family had pleasant time at Avista and will come back again for next vacation at Phuket.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear choiyc,

Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.
We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay with us and your kind words of appreciation will encourage the entire team to strive for improving the quality of service. Your compliments will definitely encourage us to continue and improve our service.
Warm regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels all around the world. Many have been great, but none have moved me enough to come on here and write a review. Avista Kata is hands down the best hotel I have stayed with. The quality of room and the service the accompanies it is outstanding. Our room was amazing! It is well worth the extra money to upgrade to the suite! I had the opportunity to look in all the other room types also and they too are great. The food, both inroom and in the restaurant are amazing with all international tastes well catered for. The pool and spa were exemplary, the spa treatments wowed my fussy medispa owner wife! Lastly I must mention Iren and her reception team... They have always been very helpful and have gone out of their way to ensure our stay was perfect. We will certainly be back again!

Room Tip: The Karon Suite will blow your mind
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear markuspriede,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really very impressed with the Avista Resort booked through My Thailand in Brisbane, the ambience of the resort was second to none from the rooms to the brilliant staff, to breakfast, my wife and I could not fault it. The balcony view from our room was superb. We were moved from our original room due to a maintenance issue but was not a problem. We were presented with fruit and a cake for the inconvenience from Elana the Manager, she was lovely. The transfers to and from the airport were brilliantly handled through the My Thailand booking, ten out of ten to them. GREAT!! Look forward to another booking with the Brisbane booking team. Chow! Terry and Sandra

Room Tip: Ambience from the fourth floor balcony,s is great!

Dear Kermy330,
Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.
It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sparing the time to share your valuable feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a memorable stay and liked our resort’s facilities and service. We are overwhelmed by your appreciation of our team members and your feedback is shared with all. It is our constant endeavor to better our product and services with every passing year and your feedback will certainly help in improving these services further.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed two nights in Avista after hearing good recommendation about their service, rooms and f&b. Me and my friend were very pleased with our stay! The service is top class. The staff has a way of being observant but still descrete. Helpful but not pushy. We had both breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort and I can personally recommend the mango and chicken salad. (Ask the kitchen to add goat cheese to it and you will have a marvelous food sensation!)

Room Tip: The Avista Club rooms for sure have the best view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mmmarma

Dear Mmmarma

Sawasdee Krab! Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort & Spa!
Thank you for choosing Avista Phuket Resort & Spa as your holiday destination.
Once again thank you for your compliment as my team and I stay committed to deliver to our guests’ satisfaction. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#5 of 56 in Kata Beach
Sawasdee Village
Sawasdee Village
#11 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!