Spent an incredible 8 nights at Avista in a Deluxe room. The room itself was faultless, and the staff were incredibly helpful, going out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable stay. I looked forward to breakfast each morning - there was an extensive range of great food to choose from, and a lovely man who cooks eggs to your liking.
There were numerous sun lounges around the pool (so comfortable!), meaning even when the pool was busy it was easy to find one to lounge on. We also loved the pool bar (3pm-5pm: 20% off), and the pingpong and billiards tables in the games room.
The two free bottles of water left in our room each day was also much appreciated. Overall, one of the best resorts I've stayed in (maybe the best!). Looking forward to another stay here in the future.
A few tips:
- The taxis out the front of the resort are over priced and don't really barter much, we found it cheaper to walk down the hill into the town (2 minute walk) and get a taxi from there.
- If booking tours or tickets, book in town at one of the agents instead of in the hotel. With some hard bartering we got a tour to Phi Phi for 1300 baht from 3200 baht.
- Don't ask for 'spicy' if you order room service in the resort. My partner and I love spicy food and eat a lot of hot dishes, however, the Pad Thai we received was so spicy that we had extreme stomach cramps for the rest of the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach