Like many other first-time Phuket holidayers, I relied on TripAdvisor reviews for my choice of hotel. Spending a lot of time reading many reviews can be confusing so I went for hotels with a 4.5 and over review rating plus value for money. At the time of booking, which was 3 weeks before intended stay, there was a promo going on for discounted rooms so I booked an Avista Club Room which had many benefits such as free beer and softdrink per person per night of stay, discount on massage at the spa which was great, and discount on all F & B consumed at the hotel, not to mention the delightful room layout. As my husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, we had a welcome surprise waiting for us at the hotel room on check-in. The breakfast buffet spread was good and varied, the pools and surrounding areas were well maintained.
Although Avista sits up on a hill, getting around was not difficult. Kata beach was a 5 minute walk down the hill. There were a few restaurants around the vicinity. The hotel offers free shuttle services to Patong and back. There is a taxi and tuktuk service in front of the hotel where we were able to hire a taxi and driver for a few hours to take us to our choice of places to visit for a reasonable price. So we spent about 5 hours on the road to see the Big Budha, the Chalong Temple, get on an Elephant ride and Phuket Town where we asked driver to take us to a good restaurant.
The hotel also takes pride in its staff. We felt very special from the moment we were picked up from the airport. We were overwhelmed by the friendliness and willingness of the managers and staff to assist us and the other guests. Service was very personal and sincere.
Overall, we were very happy and comfortable in our stay at Avista and I highly recommend the hotel to people who want a relaxing and pleasant holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach