Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,676 results
All reviews steep hill games room pool bar hotel is situated free shuttle shuttle service buffet breakfast our honeymoon spent nights egg station pool view thai food judy pools kata beach rat
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at avista early February for seven nights and very much enjoyed our stay. The rooms look like the photos and the staff are fantastic. The kindness and how willing and able the staff are to help is a testament to this hotel.

We stayed in a club room which is worth the extra money. You may luck out and get a sea view but the view from room 404 was absolutely breathtaking and definitely worth it for us.

The breakfast in the morning was lovely, made it very convenient and was constantly impressed with the variety and huge spread. The bacon was actually well cooked, unlike many other buffets.

The taxi mafia or so it is called did not affect us. We successfully were picked up for two tours and had no aggression. We actually used them for our taxi to the airport and the driver was punctual and friendly.

The hill is okay. It's not as bad as everyone says but it is an inconvenience. It is steep but very short therefore manageable. The only thing I would say is maybe avoid if have a pram, are elderly or have any other health issues. One other mini flaw is that they ask you what time you would like your room to be cleaned, which is a lovely gesture but it is rarely adhered too.

Also, the shuttle to and from patong is fantastic.

Overall a fantastic hotel and would definitely stay again, in fact, we hope to stay again

Date of stay: February 2013
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Sammydee93,

Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort & Spa!
Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.
It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for sparing the time to share your valuable feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a memorable stay and liked our resort’s facilities. We are overwhelmed by your appreciation of our team members and your feedback is shared with all. We would like to assure you that we have shared your feedback regarding the room cleaning time with our Executive Housekeeper who has initiated corrective actions.
We value your feedback and it’s our endeavor to better our product and services with each passing year.
We look forward to welcoming you back again at the resort!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was there just this weekend and have nothing to complain about this immaculate hotel except....for the taxi mafia stationed just outside. I had asked the hotel before I arrived about airport pickup and to my bewilderment the hotel said they charged B1500 but the taxi would cost B1200. I chose to get a taxi at the airport instead for B900. When I was there, to visit a friend at a wake park, I approached the taxi and settled on a price of B1000. I realised they were sending me to the wrong park (even though I had given them the address and shown them a map). When confronted, they said they would have to take B500 more (and who knows how much more along the way) to send me to the right place. I asked to get back to the hotel, and refused to pay since I was literally taken for a ride! As I was leaving on that day itself, I wasted an entire morning and couldn't visit my friend. When we were leaving for the airport, the mafia stopped the hotel shuttle (which I was now willing to settle for) and then I found out they monopolized the transport from the hotel such that even other taxis couldn't come in. The hotel has to give them the business and cannot afford to offend them. This experience ruined an otherwise wonderful holiday for me.
Moral of the story: Do NOT use the taxi service right outside the hotel (you will be at their mercy). On hindsight I would rather pay the hotel a higher price and do away with the nonsense or just walk down the slope to the numerous other (more legitimate taxi companies) at the bottom of the hill.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank catherinelG8854RS
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Luna Seaaa,
At the onset kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us regarding the taxi operators. On investigating, we found that our Front Office Manager personally handled your complaint and shared your grievances with the taxi operators and corrective action was taken. We would like to explain that there is taxi union in Phuket to enhance employment scheme amongst the locals. The taxi union has designated separate areas and zones for different taxi operators to ply their taxis. So a taxi operator of destination A cannot operate at destination B and vice versa. It has been a tradition that hotels will take service from them and hence we are unable to operate our own travel desk /taxi service. We would like to assure you that we along with other hotels have appealed to the government official to resolve this issue to ensure that our guest are not put through any inconvenience.
We thank you for sharing your feedback and look forward to welcome you back again.

Management

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed with my partner and a group of friends in Jan 13. Hotel is very good, 2 pools and pool bar very relaxing. Fabulous waterfall from upper to lower pool. Only a 5min walk to beach, however the hill from hotel to main road is very steep so any person with a knee problem particularly would need to use complimentary shuttle. Being off the main road it's very private but easy distance to both Kata and Karon beaches. Pool view rooms are nice but have the hot afternoon sun to contend with so a garden view is a better option and a little more private. Staff were always pleasant and the buffet breakfast a great start to the day. Recommended and enjoy your stay.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank amanda2207

Dear amanda2207
Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort & Spa!
We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your words of appreciation have been shared with our team. We thank you for sharing your feedback with all and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort!!

Management

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 9 nights at AVISTA Resort & Spa, the hotel was everything we expected, two big pools plus waterfall, friendly service, nice restaurant, buffet breakfast OMG so good!!! ROOM 501 gives you the top floor giving you 180 degree views of Kata town and the beach. On the morning of our first day a member of myThailand was waiting for us in the lobby and helped us organise all the fun stuff, tours, shows and activities plus all transfers, we payed with credit card and never had to pull it out again, except for meals and shopping! I highly recommend using myThailand as you get many bonuses you would not normally get elsewhere, plus the best private transfers and VIP lounge on departure. SO GOOD! we will come back to Avista!

Room tip: Room 501 Club Room, gives you views views views
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurenandbenji

Dear laurenandbenji,
Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort & Spa!

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are pleased to note that you had a memorable stay with us and enjoyed the resort facilities. It is indeed feedbacks such as yours which motivate us in delivering services to our best. Your words of appreciation have been shared with our team.
Once again thank you for your compliment as my team and I stay committed to deliver to our guests’ satisfaction.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in Avista for 4 nights during my recent holiday in Phuket with family. We had 2 deluxe rooms booked. Resort was fairly booked but staff ensured we got adjacent rooms. Rooms are very big in size and well equipped. I particularly liked the electronic touch controls on the bedside for all devices in the room. Food is good at the resort. We mainly had bfast as part of the package which has a very good spread. We did have thai buffet dinner for one of the evening which was also very good. Location of the hotel is within 5mins walk from the Kata beach. Since i had a self driven car didnt really need to use cabs or tuk tuks. Kata beach is a very nice and quiet area for families to stay. Not crazy like Patong area. Only not so great thing about the resort is the not so good view from the room. You need to be one the 3rd or 4th floor to get a sea view. We were earlier give rooms on 1st floor but later we were moved to 3rd flr once rooms were available. Staff is also very nice and courteous.

Overall a good stay, value for money place. I got better deal on asia web direct for booking compared to what was offered on the resort website.

Room tip: request for higher floors.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Taninder,
Sawasdee Krab!
Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort and Spa!
Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.
We thank you for sparing the time to share your valuable feedback. We have shared your kind words of appreciation with our team members, who have left you with fond memories of the place. Your compliments will definitely encourage us to continue and improve our service and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.