Steve V seems to have already written my review. Wife and I stayed five days at the beginning of December. Check-in greeting where they seat you with a nice, cool, little drink and come to you with your paperwork is a nice touch after long ride from the airport.
Breakfast good, staff very pleasant, rooms quite spacious/quiet/well-equipped, beds comfortable (which is always the most important thing to us). Pools and areas around the pool are very pretty but as others have commented perhaps too small for the number of people that could be staying at the hotel. That said, we never had a problem finding a spot in or out of the sun during our stay (assumedly most people spend most of the day at the beach or exploring). Was going to say workout facility is barely adequate but it's actually not adequate - Seems only the western hotel chains consider this to be important. Internet service very slow but that seems to be very common in Thailand. Slow, but good enough to meet our needs. Hill is definitely an issue - We're very fit people but after chugging up the hill several times/day for two and a half days (albeit made a lot more difficult by our continuous wearing of flip-flops) we finally decided to rent scooters. Note that fixed taxi/tuktuk rate for Kata is 200 baht; scooter rental for a whole day is typically about 200 baht, negotiable downward for multiple days. Wife and I both have experience on motorcycles so riding scooters wasn't a problem - biggest issue is navigating through throngs of scooter-riding tourists who probably haven't even ridden a bicycle in years, let alone been on a motorcycle. Hotel has a secured area for parking scooters.
One (more) complaint - Well, maybe two. Every morning when we woke up the room was very warm and muggy. Seems the air conditioning was turned off automagically for several hours every night. Secondly, the shuttle runs are so infrequent as to be pretty much useless.
Hill aside, location was very convenient, close to everything but separate/serene. Good views from the upper floors.
Value-wise, we were able to get a very good rate through one of the Internet hotel-room brokers, so the 5-star value rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach