“Best 5 Star Hotel in Kata, Phuket. Highly Recommended!!!!”

Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“Best 5 Star Hotel in Kata, Phuket. Highly Recommended!!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days, and had the best time ever.
As soon as we arrived, they gave us complimentary freshly squeezed juices and cold towels. Our room was ready, even though we arrived at 9am.
The buffet breakfast is a MUST. There is so much variety to choose from, you wont be disappointed. All the staff are friendly, and genuinely interested in everything that you do, and making sure you are having a time of your life. The pool is awesome, before this trip I have never seen a bar in a pool.
The room service is amazing, if you ask for something, they will bring is up straight away. The staff clean your room, and give you free bottled water daily.

The hill that everyone writes about isn't that bad. It sometimes is a bit of a struggle, but It definitely helps burn off the many many deserts you eat every day. There is a Tuk Tuk service right out the front of the hotel so that also helps.

To sum it up, We had an awesome stay at Avista, and we would stay there again!

Room Tip: Deluxe room
2 Thank marypary
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear marypary,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience.

Your compliments come as a welcome endorsement of the quality of our resort and act as a great motivator to all of us to strive harder and continue to better our services.

Avista, Phuket

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Omg, this was by far the best hotel/resort my husband and I have stayed at! The staff was so helpful, always ready for any need we might have! Upon arriving, the fresh drink and clean hand towel was so thoughtful. Once we went up to our room, I thought, oh my, this is how a hotel room should always look! The housekeeping staff did an amazing job with our room everyday and always so friendly. Thank you for the fresh plate of fruit!
The breakfast everyday was amazing, there were so many choices. This was our third year in Phuket,Thailand, we sometimes had to go down for breakfast elsewhere, not this time! It was nice to see the chef there, always asking if everything was okay, what a nice touch!
I'll never get over that hill but I'm alright with it, it helps keep you in shape! My husband and I are runners so we aren't gonna let a hill get us down!
I enjoyed the view from our room and the pools, thank you for clean beach towels everyday!
The free internet was awesome, it allowed us to keep in touch with our family daily...the entire experience at The Avista was the best, I absolutely can not wait to go back!
I would not hesitate to book this Hotel/Resort in a heartbeat! Thank you so much Elena!!
I hated leaving paradise with my husband, thanking you for making our stay there, one of the best vacations ever!

2 Thank jetsettingtexan
Dear jetsettingtexan,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This is the best resort i had ever stayed. Big and comfy beds. Excellent breakfast spreads, clean and super big rooms, superb facilities (simply in love with the swimming pool and pool bar) and excellent customer services. Being a demanding person, especially on cleanliness, i simply can't find any faults from this resort. Continue with the goid work Avista!

• Stayed June 2010
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed at Avista for 13 days with our children 8 and 10 and we absolutely loved it. The staff went the extra mile they were friendly, helpful and always smiling and saying hello, it made our stay that little bit more personal.
The breakfast was plentiful with so many choices hot and cold, the omelettes are a must, some days we were not looking for lunch. We ate in the restuarant only once,that was on the first night as we flew in late, it was the buffet dinner , as apart of this dinner you can choose your own noodles and what you want put into it - the chef then had me cooking my own on the outside wok, fantastic! The food is great at the resort but with so many places to eat around Kata we ate out every other night.
The pool bar does great cocktails especially banana daiquiris made by Oil the barman. Our kids loved the mocktails and the hot chips and spring rolls. The pool has plenty of balls for the kids to play with. We did not have the need use their kids club, but from what we could see it was geared up for toddlers and under.
The hotel is modern and the room we had was a grand deluxe with views of the ocean (527) which had a king and a queen bed which suited us with the kids and was very spacious.
I had a spa treatment at the resort it was beautiful I would recommend that highly, I also had many other massages down at the beach which were great as well.
The hotel is down at the north end of Kata and is a short 5 min walk to the beach and shops. South Kata where we ate most nights was about a 15 minute walk and we got a Tuk Tuk back to the hotel on a few occasions (150 Bht). There is a baby elephant that comes out each evening near the junction at the money exchange on the street heading to south Kata you can feed it bananas for 50 Bht.
The hill that people talk about is steep but manageable it is only 200 metres on the plus side helps to walk off those yummy banana pancakes.
There is a taxi and Tuk Tuk service out the front of the hotel and Tony that works there is fantastic we used him to take us on a day tour and out to the night market at Phuket Town he speaks very good english. The hotel also has a free shuttle to South Kata and Patong each day which we also used.
We would definitely come back to Avista and would highly recommended it! The staff are amazing and made our holiday all the more special!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nooem
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Nooem,

auckland
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Fantastice resort, could not fault one thing with it, everything was perfect with the resort, it looks very new and rooms are very modern. I will be back next year for sure and hope the service and resort is exactly the same, Would recommend for all.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the main pools - Fantastic!
1 Thank SandWnz
Dear sstonenz,

Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Arrival: I very much appreciated the front desks warm welcoming and all time willingness to provide me with information I was enquiring for. I was amased that one of the staff also was able to answer my questions in German language. I did not expect that at all. The internet access free of charge on the sets provided in the lobby of the hotel was also very helpful since I left my note book in Kuala Lumpur. The pool has a relaxing athmosphere and no moscitos at all although lots of flowers and plants around. breakfast buffet: plenty of cold and warm dishes, big fruit assortment.Staff at the restaurant also very attentive.
from the hotel it takes a three minutes walk down to the beach. It is offered to take the pool towels to the beach. It also takes three minutes walk to Kata village.
The rooms have a nice modern touch, clear disign,all easy touch electric panels, a big flat screen TV with a big variety of channes should someone wish to spend a day "home" and a bif balcony. I had a massage package at the SPA which was also worth the money (about Euro 50) (1hour scrubbing with herbal salt-oil, one hour Thaimassage and half hour footmassage). At the beach you may find a Thai massage much cheaper (I did it 2 times) but you will definitely not get this quality and not talking about the fact of hygiene.
First intention was to stay 3 days and to look around for other hotels, but after having checked out the others I extended my stay for another four days because I felt very well.

I will surely recommend this hotel to all my friends and will for sure book this hotel again when staying at Kata Beach.

Room Tip: room 208 poolside view, room 306 to the sea.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear guntermuc,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience with others. We are glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope to welcome you back soon.

We are sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we strive to improve the quality of our services.

gold coast
Reviewed May 11, 2011

At $80 AU a night I wasnt expected much especially since I had paid top dollar for 5 star hotels for the last two weeks throughout Thailand and Malaysia. I was pleasantly surprised by the delicious welcome drink on arrival, handmade flower garland and the staff that took us to our room and gave us tips on the local market. Again I wasnt expecintg much at all from the room but it was very nice for the price, clean modern bathroom and nice view of the pool below. Even had the towels folded as bunnies. A little thai phrase book is left on your pillow too - it appeared they had gone to great lenghts to consider the little things as well.
The pool area is nice has several layers so you dont feel like you are squashed into the same place. buffet brekky was just ok but again as it was included in the room a reasonable price.
The reviews are not over exaggerating there is a hill but its manageable. At the bottom are gud market type stalls that open late a few bars all within easy walking distance as is Kata Beach. If the heat gets to you there is also a free shuttle from the hotel. There is also free internet in the lobby 24/7 which is a bonus.
I highly recommend the Weekend market about a 15-20min taxi ride away which locals told us is where the Banglar Rd markets get their stuff from anyway. Like most markets its very crowded but thats how u know u r in the right place.
If you are looking for a clean hotel with good access to the beach at a good price then I would recommend Avista (the kids may find the hill a struggle).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank whare29
AVISTAKATAPHUKET, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear whare29,

Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Nook Dee Boutique Resort by Andacura
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!