“Very poor not clean.”
Review of ibis Phuket Kata

ibis Phuket Kata
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Came here wanting a nice cheap hotel for my wife's family,as we arrived nobody helped with the luggage which was about 6 bags,check in was good and professional.
We stayed 3 nights,breakfast was one of the worst iv had in Thailand,so basic and not even any Bacon! A couple of nights I brought a couple of beers from the 7/11 and drank them in the room and used their glasses,they weren't even changed the next day when the room was cleaned,this happened with the coffee cups also,not changed!
Good internet is the only plus point.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
AlexandreH773, General Manager at ibis Phuket Kata, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Neil Y,

Thank you for giving us the feedback during your stay, as I see your stay was not up to your standard and I do apologize for the inconveniences encountered during your stay.

As an economy hotel, we do not have a dedicated staff for luggage handling standing-by, however our team is always willing to help on request, I am sorry this didn’t happen. I have noted your comments regarding the breakfast that you felt basic, at ibis at our core principle is always try to offer our guests the most value for money experience.
Regarding the cleaning of the glasses in your room, I have already bring the issue to our housekeeping manager and kindly rest assured that additional training will be given to our staff to prevent this type of incident.
One a more positive note I am happy that you enjoyed the Internet service.

We hope the experience will not alter your confidence in Ibis Phuket Kata and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Normal hotel with a lot of russian guests. Pool is small by nice. Between the beach and the Ibis lies the Club Med area so you have to walk around the club to get to the beach. If you like to stay in a standardized hotel without any extra charme or atmosphere the Ibis offers you clean and comfy rooms for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank riosrosas83
Reviewed April 17, 2013

to keep my review short:

this hotel has everything we needed:
good and clean rooms
very good f&b for reasonable prices
free wifi
complimentary parking for hotel guest
a free tuk tuk shuttle to the beach
a nice swimming pool

and off course his very friendly staff!
especially we have to mention the front office leader vittaya angsuwan, was very helpfull to motify our booking!

we definatly can recommend the ibis kata!
we will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michi1981
AlexandreH773, General Manager at ibis Phuket Kata, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our free WIFI and Tuk Tuk. Your kind words will be given to Khun Vittaya.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you at Ibis Kata and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is good choice for my trip because my flight landed at night and I need only quick stay. Its over expect , room is very clean ,comfort, and good design. Nice atmosphere , nice pool and also reasonable price. Although hotel has not direct access to the beach, you can walk only few mins. They also have shuttle to drop you at beach or market. There are many restaurant and coffee shop around. I love it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Phuket.

I was pleased to read you were positively surprised and enjoy the atmosphere and pricing.
The staff would like to thank you for your kind praise of our hotel.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

i was in this hotel 2 years ago and it was nice...
i came back and i'm really disappointed.
first day dirty bed sheets (blood and black and grey??) . so 2 in the night i had to ask for clean one. the staff really rude the say it was to late and i had to sleep there: what???
i went down in the reception to ask for the sheets: the manager became angry and grab and squeeze my harm...finally they gave me the bed sheets but i had to made the bed..
any way:
ants in the room, mirror and walls in the bathroom always dirty, full of dust under the bed...
the swimming pool is dirty... the elevator always dirty (the mirror horrible!!).
very noisy in the night and early in the morning.
very slow wifi
every day big tour bus full of people arrive here.
all the service (motorbike,tours etc are at least 3 times the average price.
good location...
i will not come back again

Room Tip: the room on the parking side are very very noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank danibaf

May I begin by thanking you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.

It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities.
Your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for, and indeed customarily maintain at Ibis Phuket Kata.

Kindly rest assured that additional training will be given to our staff to prevent this from happening again.
If you could kindly contact me directly via h7273-gm@accor.com with the exact details of your stay I will attend to the matter personally.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hi we are currently staying at the hotel, checked in on the 6th and leaving on the 11th of April. Overall we are having a pleasant experience with a timeous check in late at night, friendly and helpful staff, clean and tidy rooms and refreshing pool after a day at the beach.

The hotel has all amenities like - free wifi, great satellite tv, mini fridge with free bottled water and a decent breakfast.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is on a medium budget and would love a relaxing atmosphere and where the hotel is close to all nightlife, shops, tuk tuk's (taxis) and beaches.

Room Tip: Top floor on the ends for a quiet room
1  Thank figjam_ZA
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I chose this hotel as its part of the IBIS group and knew more or less of the standard to expect being a lone female traveler. I have to say that this hotel has lived up to all of the great reviews that I have read - forget about the odd couple of bad ones, if you want a 5 star then go and stay in one and pay the price. I have found this place to be relaxing, peaceful, extremely clean and very economically priced for 8 nights I could not complain. Free Internet in the room, complimentary water, tea, coffee friendly staff and most of the time service with a smile !!! A great pool for relaxing or the beach is 10 mins away and a free bus service provided at regular intervals - can't complain. Rooms are fairly new and extremely modern with a balcony overlooking the pool. The breakfast is great for 249 Bhat eat as much as you want, tea, coffee, juice, eggs and fresh fruit etc. On the downside the whole place is filled with Russians escaping the winter and too be honest they are very introverted and never give you face - a smile would not go amiss !!! It would be nice now with the euro crisis - Cyprus, Spain etc to try to attract more european tourists which I am sure could be possible. This area is not really noisy like Patong however it has a nice lively atmosphere and all in all in my opinion is a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: The higher floors overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo