We stayed in Ibis for 5 nights (family of 5, including a baby) in one family room. Albeit our kids loved the room becasue of the bunk bed and the cartoons TV channels, me and my wife were not quite as happy.
-It's well located with mini markets and some restaurants nearby. It is not in the center of Kata, but even with the baby stroller we could get to the beach in a 15 minutes walk. In the way to the beach there are some BBQ and fruit street stalls, which we tried and it was quite good.
-Staff helpful and friendly
-Bunk beds quite large and confy
Points to improve in the room:
Size of the bathroom-The bathroom is really cramped and even for a single person is difficult to move if you are above average.
Storage area-there isn't a single drawer in the room. In the bathroom the only place where you can put your stuff in next to the washing hands basin, which really insufficient. Also, since the washing hands amenities were reduced to a wall mounted liquid soap dispenser, then you would need to be careful not to drip your things with liquid soap. I would suggest that Ibis put some shelves above toilet in order to store our own amenities.In the room there is only a small closet where you can put your stuff, so you only have 2 options: or you keep your clothes in your luggage or spread it all over the room (there is a kind of a shelve behind kid's bunker bed)
Sockets for kettle-The place where the kettle is located doesn't have any socket nearby. So you have to put the kettle boiling next to your bed or in a small table, both within the reach of a toddler, so parents with young kids be aware of this. I suggest Ibis installs a socket in the table that is above the small refrigerator.
Lack of wire rack-there is a tiny hanger in the balcony where you can put your wet swimsuits and towels after returning from the beach/swimming pool. It is clearly insufficient and not practical.
TV-There are 2 TVs in the room. Nevertheless, the second TV is only of games, which we don't understand why. Since the only TV in the room was ours, in the morning when the kids woke up we ended up with them in our bed to see cartoons. I would suggest to put the antena in the 2nd TV in order for the kids to be able to see TV without being in parent's bed.
All in all, Ibis needs to understand that a room that is adequate for a city location has to be tweaked in order to fit a beach location, since needs are different. For instance, in city location, wire rack is not so needed as it is in a beach location. the same applies to the toilet amenities (sun lotion, after sun, etc.) which are needed in a beach location, are usually unnecessary in city location. All these small details are annoying and witha small teak, Ibis could improve a lot its rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for top value Phuket accommodation Bright, light filled and modern. Trendy, fresh and fun. Ibis Phuket Kata sits fiveminutes from the clear waters of Kata Beach. The hotel is ideal for families and couples alike with shopping, dining and nightlife just moments away. 258 rooms, 24 hour service, snacks and drinks. Surf, swim or soak up the sun in this friendly oasis - the perfect hideaway when relaxation is at the top of your list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your ibis Phuket Kata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Phuket Kata Hotel Kata Beach
- Ibis Phuket Kata Kata Beach