“Just ok”

Metadee Resort and Villas
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our second stay in a pool access room at Metadee, and this time was quite disappointed. In the 2 years since our last stay the resort has gone downhill. Last time we found it absolutely fantastic - I still have to say that I love the pool though!

The service from some of the staff is exceptional, but there is a huge language barrier. We had trouble with our air conditioning not working, and this took multiple attempts for this to be fixed. We found that some of the staff were not very friendly, and the room servicing was not fantastic.

We also went to the Loi Krathong festival evening at the resort. The food was terrible, and entertainment was not a lot better. We were actually quite pleased when it started raining, as it gave us an excuse to leave early!

I would not stay at this resort again. I would choose to stay at one of the beachfront resorts when we next return to Phuket, as they are better value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The pool is gorgeous and it's heated!! The staff are lovely and the rooms were better than we expected. Make sure you use the mozzie net over the bed. The location in kata is great for people looking for somewhere a bit quieter and not as crazy as patong. The most amazing massage place was not far down the road, Darin or durin it was called and would be the only place I'd go to if I went to kata again. The hotel breakfast was good and they arranged our transfer which all went smoothly.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is our second time stay in this resort. We were here last February too. Nice and lovely room. They have buggy service to bring you from the resort to the main street and vice versa, so you don't have to walk the long stretch of road. They have shuttle service to kata beach every hour too. But you would have to walk back on your own (about 15 mins). Breakfast is pretty normal. Will be better if they cook it slightly better. Love the fresh juice station where they give you 3 fruits to choose from. They have a nice pool too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Had a great holiday, relaxing, enjoyable. Was a good spot, away from the roads, so no traffic noise, long driveway but thanks to golf buggies and staff happy to take you to main road and back if feet tired from walking, beach not that far away IF you feel you need to go as is busy, so lounging around the pool was nicer and more relaxing, if you needed a feed or drink staff always on hand. Beds were large and comfortable, asked for softer pillows and was no problem. Breakfast was included in the price and was YUM, could get freshly scrambled eggs, or omelet, they catered for all, could have Pad Thai if you wanted, fresh juices, fruits, all good, and the staff were great and friendly, always smiling. Will definately go back again !!

Room Tip: We had two pool access rooms, so you stepped off your front verandah and into the pool to cool off...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jenny R
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Loved this hotel, beautiful rooms. We stayed in the deluxe pool access and the room was just amazing. Fantastic large pool area, great selection of food at breakfast and lunch and dinner at the restaurant were delicious.
My only negative comment is that although the staff were lovely, the staff at reception desk need better english. It was frustrating at times that they couldnt help us with basic things, such as laundry collection and airport transfers. We had family arrive to the hotel the day after us and there was a lot of confusion and drama as to whether they had been collected at the airport or not!
Despite this I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat, if i get such a good deal on agoda again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Third time to Phuket, this time with my parents. Stayed in Metadee for 3 nights with 2 rooms in the 2nd floors. It is an average hotel in all areas ( price, service, location...). i didn't find too many shining points, though do like the pool. It is not too big but lovely,and water is very clean. Two obvious weakness - 1) tooooo many Mosquitos. I am living in 2nd floors but still a lot...I guess it suffers more who living in 1st floor and villas. 2) it takes longer time than I expect to the beach(I was told 10 mins).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Metadee
Due to mixed reviews on trip advisor I decided to make my own account as the daily proceeding developed during our stay.
We arranged an airport pick up which was 5 min late due to road works.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the staff (smiles).
Check-in welcome drinks followed by cold towels, then shown to our room 4109 pool access villa. All the room amenities were shown to us ,please be aware the key fob only works in one way which we found out on our return in the evening in darkness !
There is a free bar ( soft drinks only)filled daily.
The pool is heated its just like walking into a warm bath perhaps just a bit to warm for me ,but thats just my opinion.
Went out in the evening took the buggy to the end for the road,on our return called for pick back to the Hotel. It was "Mr Happy" himself whom we had read about before and I would agree needs to be told to improve his customer manners.
Breakfast as you would expect hot and cold dishes and smoothies made to order,again all the staff were very friendly and very helpful.
Maid service came in the afternoon again with a smile and a little wave to let us know she was about to carry out her duties,all okay, comments made by others about sheets bedding towels were unfounded ours were very clean and good condition.
We ate at the restaurant on the 15th Nov as the hotel put on Loi Krathong evening
Tommy the general manger introduced herself and started the festivities with live music, two bands played during the evening which we found enjoyable, even when the rain came down on us the festivities continued and concluded with the floating offerings into the pool.
The hotel spa was offering BOGOF so we thought we would give it a try,it was not the best I have had but far from the worst.If you like a nice clean room for two persons then give it try.There are several massage places, the one down the bottom of the road was poor be warned.
Walk out of the road to the left until you find tomato restaurant head to the bottom and look for three massage shops all together,first one you come was okay for us.
On the Wi Fi problems ...we had problems when more than one device was connected at one time other than that all okay
To conclude my wife and I enjoyed our stay at Metadee and I would not let some of the past negative reviews put you off booking.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chanalai Romantica Resort
#6 of 55 in Kata Beach
Nook Dee Boutique Resort by Andacura
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!