“Another great stay at Metadee”

Metadee Resort and Villas
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here last December and again everything was great. Last year we had booked a Private pool villa, but unfortunately this year due to us booking last minute they were all full. We settled with a Pool Access deluxe room which was the next best thing and the pool access was really enjoyed first thing in the morning by our two young kids. A great surprise was the first morning at breakfast the General Manager, Tommy, came to greet us and welcome us back. That sort of welcome is really appreciated and shows you they care. As with last year all the staff were very helpful and smily and I was surprised how many of them recognised us as return guests also.
Thank you once again Tommy and your team, we will definately be back again to see you all next year.

Room Tip: Book early so you can get the Private Pool Villa as they are definately worth the extra little.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I wanted to rave about the resort as I did last October but I can't. I can't help but feel disappointed with them this time round.

This year I have decided to book pool access room direct with the hotel and there are some problem with my booking. They cancelled my booking. Instead of finding ways to to resolve my problem, the solution given was disappointing. I wanted to change to another hotel but as another group of friends are staying in Metadee too, I have no alternative but to reserve a pool view room 2 weeks prior my trip for and seek for another hotel for the remainig days in Phuket,

When we reached there, we saw signs of wear and tear in the room. The pool aren't as clean as before. My friends who are staying in the pool access room have issue with cockroaches in their room and they waited more than 30 mins for fresh towels. Staffs are not as friendly as they used to be.

Despite the disappointment, there are 3 staffs there that make things seem better and brighten up my stay. We requested extra pillows from housekeeper, Tim. Before sending them to us, she sun and air them. Such simple gesture but with big heart. The lady @the hotel's restaurant (whom I forgot her name) who remembered us from our previous visit.
The friendly buggy guy who always there to ferry us in and out the hotel without fail.

We wanted to make Metadee as our annual retreat but now, we need to reconsider. For the pool I will definitely come back but for the services and rooms... let me reconsider again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Metadee for 10 nights at the end of September-beginning of October. We wanted a relaxing holiday and chose the hotel as it was relatively small. We were a little dissapointed with the weather (lots of rain but still very warm) but the hotel and friendly staff made for a perfect holiday. I can definitely recommend staying in one of the pool access rooms. The pool is quite beautiful, surrounded by lush green foliage. Not normally an early riser even I was happy to take a swim before breakfast!
The buffet style breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice (including vegetarian) and Boy and Sebastian were always attentive and willing to teach you a new Thai word or to share a joke.
Our room did have a bit of a musty smell, not unexpected with the air con, but was quiet and mosquito free (a couple of plug in machines kept them away).
If I was to be picky I would say that some aspects of the hotel could use a bit of TLC but nothing to complain about.
We enjoyed our stay, liked the quiet location - away from the main road. We thought the hotel was good value and we certainly had a relaxing time.

Room Tip: Our room was 5120 away from the restaurant, bar and main pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed in a pool access room for 8 nights. The staff are very friendly and quick to respond to your needs. Boy ,in particular in the restaurant was wonderful, humorous and attentive. Breakfast delicious and varied.The pool which winds around the hotel is amazing and such an asset very private. Some rooms also have lounges on their balconies also. There are also private villas with pools.The water is heated and you can step right into it from the comfort of your room or have cocktails / snack in the main area.The beach at Kata is beautiful, white sand and surf ,just a leisurely 8 to 10 minute walk.You can also ride in the hotel buggy to the street if you don't feel like walking but it is an easy walk. The shops nearby are varied,there is less hassling re the shop owners here and there is a terrific night market on Monday and Thursday which eliminated the need to go to Patong. Going at this time of the year the weather was less humid and very pleasant for all activities. The phuket Thai Cookery school was fantastic ,learning and cooking 5 dishes in a beautiful beach setting with humorous informative instructors. Well worth doing.Massages we had each day at Oriental Massage, a few hundred metres up from the hotel on the same entrance,very professional and friendly. Thai and foot massage was fantastic ! Due to the humidity our room at times was a little damp,think fans as with air conditioning would help but apart from that ,very comfortable. Hotel Beds.com were there to advise us on trips ,tailors and cooking schools etc and were very professional.Overall a very relaxing trip combining the best of Thailand in terms of beach,pool, outings , massage and shopping.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank julie5161
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Metadee has a very calm and serene vibe. very good value for money, 10 mins walk from the kata beach but the resort has a buggy to take you to the main road. centrally located in the kata area with many good restaurants around... the room was spacious and comfortable. Despite the resort being very green, we did not face any issue with insects/bugs inside the room. Nice pool and overall good service. However, the front desk staff was not very knowledgeable and proactive in helping the tourists with information about tours etc.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed there for 4nights in a pool villa. The most spacious villa I have ever seen, worth the price you pay for. Nice bath tub facing the pool... Beautiful resort with great staff. Service was excellent.. really enjoyed my stay here. The only problem is it's a little to far away from the main road & the beach. Luckily they do provide cabby to avoid the hassle.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed in a private pool villa with our two children age 3 and 9 months and we loved every moment. As soon as we stepped into the resort the staff were very accommodating and friendly. The surrounds were outstanding and with the view of the hills as a back drop it was picture perfect. The rooms were amazing, very spacious and luxurious.

The staff fell in love with my children and made us feel very welcome and as if we were apart of one big happy family. The location is perfect and the food was to die for. I would definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The private pool vill is definately a must for any family or romantic at heart.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 55 in Kata Beach
Sawasdee Village
Sawasdee Village
#11 of 55 in Kata Beach

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!