Metadee is a picture perfect resort. It lived up to the beautiful images we've seen before finalizing our booking. However, a couple of things got to us after having spent 3 nights at the hotel. On our first night the electricity got cut off twice. There was no emergency lighting and no flash lights provided. Not ideal especially with a baby in the room. The reception did not offer any explanation other than that blackouts are common in Phuket and that a flash light will be sent to our room. It never came. We also had very bad wifi service even with a strong signal. There are over 40 tv channels to choose from, but almost all of it is in thai. Even english movies are dubbed in Thai so we had a very hard time choosing anything to watch. Then a day later, we called for a buggy from the main street and waited for a good 20mins before deciding to walk. When we reached the hotel, there were a few buggies parked and the girls at the reception were chatting away. I suppose the message didnt get to the drivers. Our impression of the resort was pretty much tainted from then on. The only thing we loved about it was the pool access rooms. Spacious and clean. Also, the pool was great. Other than that, nothing was truly special about metadee. The beach is not as close as it appears on the map, surely for the price, there are better resorts to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated around a spectacular landscaped pool, Metadee Resort Phuket offers spacious and luxurious Thai-style rooms with fine canopy beds and free-standing bathtubs. It boasts fitness facilities, indulgent spa services and a poolside bar. Featuring wood-beamed ceilings and private terraces, large rooms open out to tropical or pool views. They come with a 32-inch flat-screen TV, a sofa and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms have private pools and pavilions. Guests can enjoy relaxing Thai massages or lounge by the large outdoor pool, which features spray jets. The fitness centre which features floor-to-ceiling windows is nestled within tropical gardens. Offering all-day dining, Himmphan Restaurant is ideal for a casual meal of Western and Asian favourites. It also serves fresh seafood dishes, while the pool bar serves freshly squeezed juices and cocktails. Located in the tranquil Kata Beach area, Metadee Resort is only a 15-minute drive from Soi Bangla’s nightlife options. It offers free parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Metadee Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metadee Resort And Villas Hotel Kata Beach
- Metadee Resort And Villas Phuket/Kata Beach