“Loved it! Would love to go back.”

Metadee Resort and Villas
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
“Loved it! Would love to go back.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

A group of us stayed at the Metadee resort for 9 nights in October and we just loved it! We found the location to be perfect, within walking distance to the beach and kata markets yet quietly nestled away down a long driveway amongst the trees. The golf cart/buggy service up and down the driveway is a good idea, although we ended up walking most of time, it is great after a long day out in the heat to be able to call reception to be picked up. Kata beach is gorgeous and cleaner than most of the beaches we visited so we were happy we chose to stay in kata. There are lots of lovely restaurants on kata beach which were lovely for an afternoon drink or a nice dinner without having to go into the hustle and bustle of Patong, which we all found to be just a little overwhelming. The pool at the hotel was amazing and we spent most afternoons swimming or sitting by the pool drinking cocktails, the pool and bar area were a great meeting place for our group, a quick stop before heading out for the night. We took full advantage of happy hour most days. (2 for 1 cocktails) We loved our room, although we didn't stay in a pool access room, the pool view room was perfect for us with everything we needed. The free wifi was an added bonus and it was nice to be given two complimentary bottles of water each day. We had breakfast at the hotel every morning and it was always divine with such variety (although by the end of it, we had, had enough of buffet breakfasts) we had lunch and dinner only a couple of times as we were usually out, but the lunches and dinners we did enjoy at the hotel were lovely. Finally...the hotel staff, they were AMAZING and totally made our stay! The food and beverage staff were the most amazing bunch of people and we were sad to say goodbye at the end. All in all an absolutely fantastic holiday, we would all go back in a heart beat, we just loved it and would definitely recommend it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I would come back to Metadee in a heart beat!
From the moment we arrived we felt like royalty!
Our room was so lovely! The staff were fantastic, special mention to Golf, Ched, Boy, Kung, Jacky and Ball! They make staying a delight! Making jokes and being so friendly!
Breakfast was super tasty, we loved the egg station! Lunch and dinner is very nice, highly recommend the Metadee cheeseburger, the prices are a bit more expensive then other restaurants, but you would expect this from a resort.
The gym is noting amazing but it has what you need, it's nice to have that option!
The pool is gorgeous, we did not find it too warm at all!
We also spent some time at the bar I loved the piña coladas, they were amazing! Happy bar was fantastic, we met some great people there!
The buggy service was great and they would take u anytime u liked!
The reception was very helpful letting us call our tour to confirm, free of charge!
Of course there is wildlife, ur in the environment for them, we hardly seen anything to worry us!
You can also rent a DVD player from reception if you need!
Ladies, I would recommend bringing your own hairdryer, the one they provide isn't very powerful!
Overall I would recommend Metadee to anyone, we loved our entire experience here and cannot wait to come back :)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Maddi13
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was happy to arrive here. It looks great. Then the problems started:
1- the spa never answered their phone and when I went there was a note saying go to front desk. I booked an appointment at the front desk, for a time as it turns out when the spa is closed. The front desk seemed to have no clue. I only found out when I went to show up and the masseuse was locking up.
2- I booked a 6 night stay in two bookings but they had no record of the second leg. They then tried to over charge me.
3 - at 10:00pm just showed up to my room and the maid hasn't come and the laundry bag I told the front desk about was untouched.

I've just booked a different hotel for tomorrow night. This is not what I came the the beach for!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Rjb1981
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We recently stayed in this resort for 4 nt/5 days ( 27th Oct-31st) and to be frank my experience has not been so good. Its a decent place but it is not as good as it appears in the websites and reviews.Me and my fiancee had booked a Deluxe pool access villa almost 3 months in advance and when we checked into the room ( 5112) ,to our utter surprise we found that two beds have been joined together and there were no bed posts and mosquito nets, as portrayed in their room description, I managed to glance into the adjoining rooms , they were all with bed posts and mosquito nets .I chose to ignore as it dint matter to me much ,but I would like to mention this for the benefit of the readers .Next issue was internet , they claim to be having Hi Speed internet all over the resort , but over the 5 days we stayed I found it difficult to browse continuously for 5 minutes at a stretch ,I cannot confirm whether its the same state all over the resort but in the breakfast area and our room it was impossible to stay connected for more than 2 min.We complained to the front desk since the first day but it was not taken care off.another issue which irked me is that this resort charges you for ice bucket which is really not the norm in SE Asia or else where I travel frequently ,I travel at least twice a year on vacation all across Asia for the last 5 years but never have I encountered such a thing .Coming to the rooms ,it was tired and gloomy looking ,the wooden floor was old and had marks all around ( dont go by the website picture) ,sunlight doesn't enter the room as its covered with trees and plants , lots of ants in the loo and we were lucky to find a cockroach in the room on the penultimate day.Breakfast was average but the egg station chef could have been better with some responsive smile when spoken to.He was dead serious as if he was making an omlette with a gun pointed at his head .The reception was very small area, with 2 tables an few chairs, most of the staff were smiling but their comprehension of English is below average barring one or two .The buggy service to the main road is quite good , walking distance to the beach is about 1.5 KM and leisurely stroll will take around 12-15 min. Overall, to us its just an average resort, I had gone with lot of expectations after reading the reviews but in reality was totally disappointed.

Room Tip: Check the rooms before you step in specially for the Dlx pool access room and avoid room 5112
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bibiNfifi
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved it. Could not have asked for anything better.
From check in we felt welcome and comfortable. We were shown to our rooms and the keys that they had provided for us didnt work. They apologised many times and we got into our room. We had a pool access room, and was surprised at the size of the room - especially the bathroom.
We had a disaster bag mix up at the airport and the hotel did everything they could to help with getting it sorted out. Within one hour the hotel had spoken to the airline, organised a taxi to swap the bags over and sorted it all out. Amazing service.
The hotel itself is in a quieter part of Phuket, but we liked it this way. We spent one night up in Patong area and was glad to get back to the Metadee. It was better shopping experience, lovely early morning walks along the empty wide beaches. Everything seemed to be much more my pace down there.
The hotel is set back a far way from the main road, but we never had trouble catching the on call golf buggy service.
The couple of inconvenient things: We only ate lunch and breakfast there...the food was ok. Edible, tasty, everyday, but had we been there for a long stay I might have been going elsewhere for breakfast. It was just the same thing everyday, no mixing it up....
Our room was right up the end of the hotel. And right next to a water-fall wall. During the day it was lovely - at night not so much. I am a light sleeper so found it a bit loud - but being a light sleeper I dont make mountains out of molehills and got myself some ear plugs. Just to make others aware :)
We loved this hotel. We would return again in a hearbeat should we ever go back to Phuket!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husaband and I spent a considerable amount of time trawling through accomadation and Metadee was the winner. The service was immaculate from the begging to end- could not fault it at all we felt like royals. We had a pool acess room, We were not as impressed with the room as we were service. Room smelt extremely musty- It would almost make me gag as i walked in and it did not get any better. My husband had to hose down the toilet when we arrived as the urine that had mangaed to make its way into the toilet seat lid joints was potent and foul, it smelt the bathroom out, satff need to take more care here and perhaps pull toilets apart for a good clean. Apart from these TWO issues we loved our stay. Great location, great pool, great service, great brekkie and one GREAT honeymoon :-) ps- be aware, the thai massgae down the alley way to Metadee is extremley brutal and violent!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We've just returned after staying 12 nights at the Metadee, and what a fabulous time we had. We had a private pool villa which was great and big enough for the three of us. Having the private pool was great for our three year old who could swim when ever he wanted and allowed us to relax and warch him while still in our room. The main pool is great too, as we swam there in the late afternoon as it was warmer.
Being off the road is great as the resort is so quiet. The buggy service is excellent and can't give enough praise to Ko, Vorn and Dun who looked after us and especially our three year old, who is still talking about them!!
The breakfast was great, although not as much variety as bigger resorts, but offered everything we wanted.
We used the fitness room a few times, but gets quite hot - so make sure you put the air conditioning on!
The only issue we had was a decking board broke when I stood on it, and i fell through it cutting my leg, but they fixed it straight away and the house keeping and maintenance service were excellent.
Thanks Metadee Resort we will be sure to return next year.......and again a big thankyou to Ko, Vorn and Dun for making the buggy service our sons holiday highlight:)

• Stayed October 2012
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#3 of 56 in Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!