“Great staff, lovely place to stay in Kata Beach!”

Chanalai Romantica Resort
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed January 17, 2012

From the moment I was greeted with their welcome board my surname in gold writing to the moment we left, the service was exceptional. We really were happy with the resort because everyone was so helpful. I was also expecting the resort to be much more tacky and basic, however I was impressed with the large gorgeous pool, beautiful design of our modern room. We requested a high floor, and it had a lovely view and a beautiful big bath.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jadecassandra
nadia059, Manager at Chanalai Romantica Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your great review. we are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. We wish to have you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed here over the New Year's holiday and booked based upon the largely positive reviews. Unfortunately, my experience here was mixed. I would not come back again and wouldn't recommend it to friends.

First, the good things. The room itself is large and nicely appointed with a huge shower and nice bathtub. The pool is great, large and comfortable for lounging. The location is good - a short walk to beautiful Kata beach down the street and across the road (5 to 10 minutes). The property sits in the heart of the action in Kata in terms of restaurants and bars.

Second, the not so good things. The service is lacking. Where is the famous Thai hospitality and smile? You won't find it here. The people working here act like they have no interest in being here. Breakfast is plain awful. It seems you would almost have to try to make food taste so bad in Thailand and the coffee is horrendous. We stayed over New Years so we had to buy a ticket to the New Years gala dinner. It was a total joke with horrible food and ridiculous entertainment.

In summary, liked the value and the location but would not return due to the lack of service.

Room Tip: Pool access is nice, other floors higher up are quieter with a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jwobkk
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Having stayed at many Kata Beach hotels in recent times, I was pleasantly surprised when I inspected this property. It has very good rooms and a massive pool. It is also walking distance to all the bars, restaurants and the beach. The only down side was the breakfast was below standard, mainly due to the staff not re-filling empty items. This, we discovered, would improve depending on what staff were working on the day and at what time you ate breakfast. Having said that, all the staff were very friendly and were very attentive to any of our requests.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed here for one night and was very happy with everything. Rooms are very nice and clean, staff are very helpful and the masseuse one of the best in Thailand.

If you have to stay in Phuket (there are 100s of better areas in Thailand) then this place is very nice and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We went to Phuket from 11 July 2011 - 16 July 2011. When we arrive at the resort, it was still early around 1045am but check in time was 2.00pm. But they are quick and manage to clean out a room for us to around 11am. The check in process was fast and staff was very well manner. We weren't expecting much for such a bargain price for a hotel but it came out the room was awesome, very clean and everything works fine. The swimming pool is clean too. From the room we look out we can see the mountain and it was quiet at night, not like Patong which is quite a bit noise around night. The F&B is only so so, not quite to my expectation on this one. When I came back to my country, I found out left my book behind and write an email to the management, to my surprise they reply my email very fast after 2 hour, and get my detail on where to send the book and show me a picture of the book to confirm it. I got my book and everything is intact. A very BIG Thank YOU to the staff at this resort and I am recommending my family to stay there as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KW_Foo
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Me and my fiancee just got back from a wonderful 6 day stay in the resort. Great hotel and we got a pool access room. Good location on a quiet Kata beach. Room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and new water bottles. Friendly and helpful bell service and housekeeping, wld like to thank the friendly and super helpful bellboy. Breakfast was simple and nice. Only blot on my stay was the rude reception girl staff who was in charge in the morning shifts. Told her that my room key is not functioning ie going to break into two and she asked me to continue to use it! What if it breaks into two in the key hole? The bellboy got this sorted out for me. Half the time the reception girl is playing games on the pc and not very helpful. During the check out, we mistakenly took the laundry bag and was told that it will be charged 100 baht. Swiftly returned it to the room. The reception girl rudely raised her voice and asked me where was the laundry bag. Oh well, she made me looked like I stole the bag. Level of service on the reception was the worst that i encountered. Despite this I wld recommend this delightful resort to all especially during the low season for low rates.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Inninn
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed in a pool access room which was fab. The room was huge with a stand-alone bath. It was very open plan with a glass wall so you can see into the bathroom area from the pool (close your curtains when you shower/bathe!). Great sized balcony that leads straight into the pool. Nicely finished rooms. The hotel claims to be adults only but we did see kids in the pool (not a big deal, but they claim to be children-free). We had some colourful characters in the other pool access rooms who 'frolicked' in the pool late into the night. The breakfast was good but I would not recommend the food at lunch - there are plenty of better places down the road. Overall, a good choice. Lastly, I did not use the spa facilities because it looks like the massages happen next to the pool (far to hot) and seemed more expensive than the many other little massage places nearby.

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are great but all the rooms face the pool and have large balconies so these are al...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
#8 of 55 in Kata Beach
Sawasdee Village
Sawasdee Village
#9 of 55 in Kata Beach

Been to Chanalai Romantica Resort? Share your experiences!