New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Be My Guest Boutique Hotel

Be My Guest Boutique Hotel
Ranked #51 of 58 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Good value for what you pay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had read the reviews on this guest house and overall have not been too disappointed. For what you pay the rooms are large and kept very clean. We got a quieter room at the back on the top floor and although it overlooks an area used just twice weekly for a market along with another hotel it was certainly adequate. Breakfast is basic but adequate. The sausages were never actually available in all our 12 day stay and one morning there were no sausages or bacon or ham which only left eggs but never mind. Towels were changed daily but some were a little on the thin side and we only got hand towels for the first couple of days. Although there are no hairdriers the lovely lady in reception brought hers in from home for me to use. The guest house is now under Russian ownership (since Jan 2013) so not too sure if things will change in any direction. Not too sure if we would return to Kata as it's not the true Thailand and is a bit too commercialised

Room Tip: Back of hotel quieter but front should be ok either
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roastlamb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I checked in on New Year's Day, stayed 4 nights.
Some pluses: good location, clean, strong aircon, spacious room.
Some minuses: Shower water fluctuated from Full to Off every couple minutes. No lift and we are on the 4th floor (ok for us).
I stayed here because it was peak season and the other hotels were very expensive during this period. If I came to Phuket again I wouldn't mind staying here again, but I would first check what else is out there.
breakfast is very basic, you're better off eating out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J P
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here recently for two weeks and generally found the hotel to be clean, well kept with nice large and comfy king size beds. The only downside was the stairs having stayed on the fourth floor, however, this wasn't a problem for me, it might be for the elderly or for families with very young children. The air con was a bit weird, it could be noisy at times, but not a real problem if you play around with the controls. Staff are pleasant, can speak English relatively well. Location is superb, right in the centre of everything. Even with it being the high season I got a good deal through Agoda with similar prices to what you would pay in the low season. Overall I would recommend this hotel given the price you pay for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor to avoid a trek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and me stayed in a big hotel near by but just for 2 nights. We thought we can look around for cheaper hotel and stay another week before going to Bangkok. We found this place at much cheaper price and the room was infact much better than the expensive hotel we were staying.
It Was very big, nice and clean with big private balcony. They do not have pool though, but for this price what more can we expect.
Breakfast is good, they cook it hot. Staff very friendly and helpful. They have tailor next door too and they are very good in both business, hotel and tailor

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ThoralfL
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for two weeks in November 2012. Spacious and clean room with private balcony, air conditioner (a little bit noisy), TV, refrigirator and safe box. Toilet and shower work well. The Kata beach is approx. 300 m from the hotel. Modest breakfast and fast WiFi internet included in price. Staff is friendly and they clean rooms every day. The only one weak point is noise of transport and shouts of massage ladies from street - sliding windows are not very soundproof. Anyway this is one of the best price / quality ratio hotel in Kata.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms looking inside, probably they will be quieter.
Norrkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am a solo traveler and was recommend to this hotel by my friend in Sweden. It's verry nice and clean. The room is big, bath room is good.
I also like it because it is right in the center. Near many restaurants, Thai, Indian, Swedish and also Italian.
The beach is just about 5 minutes away by walking.the staff are very nice specially the lady at the reception, Puja. She is always happy and very helpful. The sweet owner booked many trips for me with cheaper prices than other agents.
I had a dress made at the tailor next door same owner as the hotel.

Everything is just nice here in Thailand. The weather is very good, but sometime too hot in the day. I have taken a cooking class which the owner and her friends run.

Very good trip for me and this is my first time to Thailand. Will come again in 2-4 years.thankyou

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, but back room has got good view of the mountains.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My sister and i stayed here for few nights and we really had a great time. The room is spacious and clean. As its just us girls traveling so we wanted to stay safe too. This hotel is in a very good location near to many nice restaurants and not far from the beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Outdoor Inn & Restaurant
Outdoor Inn & Restaurant
#18 of 58 in Kata Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 69 reviews

Been to Be My Guest Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!