“Pleasant”
Review of Rico's Bungalows

Rico's Bungalows
Ranked #43 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great location. Very nice staff. Rooms very plain. Pool nice and clean. Tours booked through them were good. No bells or whistles but pleasant. Near by restaurants, massages and shopping. Quaint. Nothing fancy.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I spent some time hear and was only booked in for 3 night but ended up staying for 9 as the place was so good and quiet, the staff Jen and Julie made me feel so relaxed and welcome if I needed anything it was not a prob. It is aimed at the lower end of the market but the rooms were clean and tidy and for 900baht a night that was all I needed.

So a big thank you to the hole staff especially the lovely reception girls I will be back

Cheers Karl oz

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Between centipedes running up your leg in the shower to exploding toilets - this place had it all. Whilst he did upgrade me for free, coming back to find the whole floor flooded and the toilet backing up into the room, I cannot think how pissed I would have been if he had not. After two changes I finally was in a room that was adequate. Not recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I have visited Kata Beach 5 times now, including 3 times with our 3 kids.
We walked passed Rico's every time we were in Kata without even knowing the Bungalows existed.

This trip, we were after cheaper accommodation and Rico's popped up.
We had extensive communication with Kent, who is a partner in the business, due to the fact that we booked 4 bungalows with about 6 months notice.
Kent was always prompt to reply.

I did a search on Trip Advisor to see what sort of reviews people were giving Rico's. and I was worried!

We were greeted on our arrival by Win, who assisted in every way possible in settling us to our rooms.

The bungalows are spacious. The beds are extremely comfortable. They did not charge us for an extra bed.
There is air conditioning, hot showers, tv, DVD player, safe & cupboards to pack away suitcases.
There's also tea, coffee, fridge with drinks at low cost.
2 bottles of water are supplied daily.

The house keeping were awesome. Fresh sheets and towels supplied when necessary but usually every day.

You could also collect beach towels at reception daily.

The pool is clean - the only negative is that they use a lot of chlorine so the kids constantly had red eyes. Goggles fixed this though.

We stayed here for 14 nights and we had a fantastic experience.
I went in with the lowest of expectations - I mean what do you expect for 1000baht a night. (Which is what we paid - and in peak season too).

Some of the comments annoy me on here. Broken cupboard handles.... Really?
We've paid 5 times more in different hotels in kata and have had bigger problems.

These bungalows are a must to consider. But bare in mind that you get what you pay for.
There's no breakfast included but many choices outside in restaurants.
I'd prefer to pay a reduced rate for the room and go elsewhere for breakfast anyway.

We walked 3 steps to the pool.......... And paid 1000 baht!!!!! I can't believe it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank michaelandlyndsay
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights. Firstly, the hotel is in a great spot, 5 minutes to the beach and a few to lots of restaurants. Most of the hotels in Kata are located behind Club Med anyway. The rooms are situated with a pool slapped in the middle of them. The pool is large and well maintained. However there is little privacy, keep the curtains drawn. The room has a comfortable bed, fridge, tv, cupboard and effecient air conditioning.the bathroom is basic but hot water never ran out. The rooms are made up daily and they provide beach towels. The staff are friendly and organized.
All in all for $50 a night it's good value if you want clean, comfortable central accomodation.

Room Tip: Rooms 11, 12, 13 and14 are the most private.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The rooms here are huge and include hot showers, refrigerator, tv, and bottled water. They also provide you beach towels each day. The real draw here is the location. There are few hotels on the beach (expensive if they are), and you have to walk around Club Med to get to the beach. Rico's was only a five minute walk to the beach, and is next to many restaurants and a few convenience stores.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very close to the pool, so I'm not sure it's worth paying extra for a pool...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank willums121
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rico's is situated in a perfect location! It is easy walking distance to the beach (3 minute walk), and right near all the amazing restaurants and night markets.

The bungalows are basic and provide all that you need. They are all situated around a swimming pool which is a lot of fun.
It's very quiet considering its central location.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

We found Rico's to be the best place to stay in the amazing Kata township, and we would definitely stay here again. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple