We've stayed two nights in the Baray Villa due to the high rating on Trip Advisor back in May, but was busy to write a review until now. We booked the package with airport transfer and the driver was very friendly who greeted us at the Phuket airport. The check-in process was efficient and we were personally guided and fully explained the room functions by the front desk staff. The villa itself was very grand and specious, certainly it is ideal for honeymoon couples.
However, as some of previous reviews have stated that some fine details are lacking in the villa, such as leaking shower and chrlorine taste water. The breakfast is able to serve in the villa, but the quality was on the weaker side about three-star hotel standard. There are other minor things such as:
1. We found the note of they're not able to clean the room due to the privacy sign was on, but we left our villa around 11:40am, which we felt was a bit early to leave such note to the hotel guest.
2. The free-ride to Kata beach was on a larger tutu type of vehicle, but the driver was not very friendly.
3. The lack of security at night, which we didn't see any security staffs when we came back at night.
4. The check-out experience was very strange. We called the front desk to have our luggage pick up at 11:30am, where check-out time was at 12:00pm. Instead of sending the normal bell person, two persons came, one was the room cleaning staff and another was a hotel security staff without any smile on his face. The room cleaning staff then started counting the number of towels and inspecting other items while she was calling the front desk to report the status in front of us. The security staff then kind of es-crowing us out of villa and finally gave us an unnatural smile after I gave him tips.
5. The swim-up pool had a young bartender where he doesn't speak much English. You'll need to wait for quite sometime for the drink as he made a phone call to place the order then bring it back to the swim-up bar. In addition, there're lots of mosquitoes in villa's pool area.
Other than that we've encountered some very friendly staffs with smiles. One really positive note is that the spa is certainly one of the best spas in the area. We really enjoyed the three-hour spa package treatment and is highly recommended if you're staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand. The 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Baray Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baray Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- The Baray Villa Phuket/Kata Beach