We just spent our 15th anniversary in the Baray Villa for two nights. It was a wonderful experience from the very first time we step into the little but special entrance. The resort was full of surprise of joy at every corner. We loved the design and decoration of the villa room. It's a well combinition of comfortable and luxry. The living room downstairs has plenty of room to relax or chat with friends. It's open to the indoor jaccuzi, which is connected with the big pool. The pool was excellent. It lay along the villas with trees around, which feels like floating on a river. It's private and romantic. Air bed was provided. We spent a lot of time floating in the pool.
The bedroom on the second floor was also spacious. The bed was huge and we had great sleep. Plenty of closet room. The bath tub was nice looking though we didn't get to use it. Free internet in room and TV on both floors.
The staff were friendly and helpful. We asked for late check-out as our flight is about 7pm. The staff explained nicely why they can't commit at the check-in but only one day before. Then one day before we check-out, one of the staff found (and recognized) us at the pool and told us they could extend to 2pm but welcome us to stay in the lounge before departure.
The hospitality lounge was one of the highlights we found. It's cool and cosy, equiped with books and computers. We relaxed in the lounge while waiting for the shuttle bus going to the Kata Beach. The shuttle bus run every hour and only took five minutes to the beach. The Kata Beach had wonderful waves that we enjoyed very much. There were more restaurants and shops near the beach, though the few restaurants close to the hotel were pretty good too.
Mosquitos? Yes, of course. We were in Thailand and close to water and trees. The resort staff came to spray in the room at least once a day when we were there. They also provide in room free of charge the mosquito spray and tiger balm, which is very handy. Just remember to close doors quickly and keep them closed, especially the one to the pool.
We were talking about going back to the Baray Villa even before we left. When we stepped out of room, we felt already missing it. We would definitely recommend the Baray Villa to our family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand. The 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Baray Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baray Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- The Baray Villa Phuket/Kata Beach