“Beautiful Villa”
Review of The Baray Villa

The Baray Villa
Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at Baray Villas. What stood out were the great service, luxurious rooms and the lush rainforest landscaping.

Check-in was carried out in the lounge room of our villa with tropical fruit, coconut juice and cold towels provided. We had a problem with our safe and that was followed up promptly in the morning (it was late at night and we had said it can wait). All staff made a point to greet guests. Reception was helpful and friendly with our left luggage.

There was the option of having a private ala carte breakfast in the villa. We had this on all days of our stay and it was always delivered on time and set up nicely. This was a nice treat and included in the room rate in contrast to other 5 star hotels. Food and variety were good. My only suggestion is to maybe include 1 or 2 more Thai options on the menu.
Room design was luxurious and spacious with free-standing tub, split-level bedroom and lounge room, outdoor shower, 2 bathrooms. Bed was by far the biggest we had slept on! It was quiet and felt like a private retreat. My one slight disappointment was the walk-out pool. It definitely had the wow factor, but the part that was screened off (before joining to the large pool) was smaller than what I expected.

We lunched twice at the Thai restaurant. Price was reasonable and very tasty. Lovely setting.
We tried several spas in the area. The one standout was the Oriental Spa next to the Ibis hotel around the corner. It was one of the few we found with proper massage tables and comfortable recliner chairs.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. I did not miss that it was not waterfront as we had spent days on island tours and it was close enough to Kata beach. Kata was a good choice for those who are after a quieter option.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SydneyBarney
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very much appreciated to hear that you enjoy your time with us and we are looking forward to welcome you for your next holiday !

There are newer reviews for The Baray Villa

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Baray Villay, and it was absolutely stunning!
The moment we entered the hotel, it was like escaping the city crowds and entering a peaceful,secluded oasis. The bell boy took care of our luggages the moment we got off the taxi. Staff was friendly and helped us check in very quickly. We were brought to our Baray Villa by the staff. She gave us a tour of the facilities in the hotel, and showed us around our villa. It was such a welcoming feeling. We had welcoming drinks and a daily complimentary fruit basket waiting for us.

Ground Floor
- The indoor private pool was amazing, exactly like what is seen in pictures on their website. Although I found the water a bit too cold.
- The outdoor private pool/pool side bar: I would definitely recommend bringing insect repellent, because of the trees and plants everywhere, mosquitoes were inevitable. The water was again really cold even for the hottest days. Staying at the Baray Villa gives you the open private pool exclusive only to Villa guests.
- Living room very spacious, and they provide you with complimentary fruit basket everyday.

Bedroom Floor
- Extremely comfortable king size bed.
- Washroom includes both bathtub and standing shower.
- Really enjoyed the Mc Mini(Apple), Wireless Keyboard & wireless mouse
- Foot relaxer at the end of the bed.
- I found the room lights a little too dim

The minor downside: It started to rain the last two days of our stay. We noticed the ceilings were a little wet, and a small part was dripping water

EXCLUSIVE service at the Baray Villa
- Personal Assistant who attends to all your needs.
- Complimentary breakfast, either served in room or joining buffet breakfast at the restaurant

Baray Spa: I had a coffee body scrub and a oil massage. It was really relaxing, and soothing. There was also complimentary snack after the massage.

Restaurant: Buffet breakfast was good. Wide selection. Dinner was okay, but I would recommend eating outside the hotel.

Location: Lots of restaurants/massage parlors/ pharmacy/ 711 nearby. Kata beach is a 10 minute walk. Tuk tuks are available outside the hotel if you want to go further.

This hotel definitely reflects the Thai hospitality. The Baray Villas are quite pricey, but the quality and service we got was tremendous. I defiantly recommend Sawasdee Village for those who are seeking a vacation getaway from the busy city! This is like the hidden GEM of Phuket

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We spent our honeymoon last February in the Barray Villa and it was a real pleasant moment.

But our current stay at Leo villa is not really enthusiastic about the future of this resort: indeed, it is a wonderful resort (Deco, pools, pools bar etc...) but there is not a serious upkeep.
we are worried about the behavior of some waiters of the restaurant, I mean a cold welcome close to a rude attitude in a supposed high level resort.

It is difficult to give a bad rating because of the resort staff members who are so kind, and professional. But unfortunately, unlike the good things, the bad one strike the mind and stay deeply incrusted. I believe the resort is expensive for its standing, that is why I will spend my money in an other place the next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

A room truly fit for a king! The villa we stayed at was gorgeous, but not practical. The bathroom doors were made of an iron design with holes in it and me being part of a family of five, found it very inconvenient. The only thing that I truly had a beef about was the fact that the doors were poorly planned. Not only do they have holes through them, but it's hard just to open/close it. Plus, I really don't think that this hotel was worth its price. We had to pay 525 usd (including tax) per night. Now, honestly, I would rather pay that much a night for an oceanfront view. The private pool was way too cold, but the public pool was ok.

Now on the brighter side, it's about a 10 minute walk to Kata Beach. Plus, they also give a complimentary ride to and from Kata Beach. The hotel has great service and design. At night, around 7, they will come over and spray insecticide all over your room. The breakfast was absolutely superb, definitely try the pancakes! The restaurant at the hotel was worth every baht spent. Definitely the best I've tried in Phuket. Also, don't try the massaman, it wasnt all that impressive. Not only that, but they really do cater to our every need. The theme of the whole hotel is very pretty! I think that it is of Arabian and Thai theme. Absolutely superb.

Bottom line: I would most definitely come back to this hotel, but I would stay in the Sawasdee Village. By the way, the Baray Villa is also combined with the Sawasdee Village in one hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank THE_ISABEL
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us, we are terribly sorry that our The Baray Villa didn't meet your satisfaction for all requirement and we did apologize for all inconveniences during your stay. By the way, we are looking forward to welcome you back in Sawasdee Village !

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice, and it is the most amazing place to stay! Not only are the villas beautiful, clean and spacious, but they are also the perfect 'home away from home'. The staff here are so helpful and cheerful, and so kind! The property is tucked into a quiet street, so close to shops, restaurants and the clean and inviting beach. The Baray Villas are pure luxury! You must stay here!

2  Thank CazB24
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kindness of your review on TripAdvisor. That would be great to have a chance to welcome you back and thank you very much for your returning. We are very much appreciated to hear that we are able to warm welcome and create the great experience again. We all are looking forward for your next visit ! See you soon !

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and me just visited Phuket area for the first time. We stayed in Kata beach at Sawasdee hotel and Baray spa. I have no words to express our joy for this place. Everything is pure luxury here. Beautiful grounds with the swiming pool are perfectly designed, impecable service and honest personel. I forgot to close my room safe with valuables and cash inside and after coming back later in the evening found all intact. Excellent restaurant and 4 hours that we spend in the spa were pure pleasure. I would recomend this hotel to anybody who visits Kata beach area.
Simply out of this world.

Room Tip: Get a Baray vila and you will feel like a king or a queen
1  Thank erud
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us that would be very nice to hear that our service and hotel meet your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcome you back for your next holiday !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This Hotel is lovely if you stay in the Baray Villas. Really fun over the top decor. Loved swimming from my living room out to the long pool and having lunch at the bar. After a long flight it is the perfect quiet oasis in Kata Beach. You don't need to leave the property! Staff is very kind, helpful and professional. The spa is good not the best I've been too but it was fine. The food was good with nice choices. Overall a fun, central place to stay for a couple of nights... but stay in the Baray Villas.

Room Tip: For the Baray Villas I suggest the rooms on the far side of the hotel in the middle of the building...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor and that would be great to hear that you enjoy your time with us at The Baray Villa. We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next holiday !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Sawasdee Village
Sawasdee Village
#9 of 56 in Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to The Baray Villa? Share your experiences!