We had a very pleasant stay at Baray Villas. What stood out were the great service, luxurious rooms and the lush rainforest landscaping.
Check-in was carried out in the lounge room of our villa with tropical fruit, coconut juice and cold towels provided. We had a problem with our safe and that was followed up promptly in the morning (it was late at night and we had said it can wait). All staff made a point to greet guests. Reception was helpful and friendly with our left luggage.
There was the option of having a private ala carte breakfast in the villa. We had this on all days of our stay and it was always delivered on time and set up nicely. This was a nice treat and included in the room rate in contrast to other 5 star hotels. Food and variety were good. My only suggestion is to maybe include 1 or 2 more Thai options on the menu.
Room design was luxurious and spacious with free-standing tub, split-level bedroom and lounge room, outdoor shower, 2 bathrooms. Bed was by far the biggest we had slept on! It was quiet and felt like a private retreat. My one slight disappointment was the walk-out pool. It definitely had the wow factor, but the part that was screened off (before joining to the large pool) was smaller than what I expected.
We lunched twice at the Thai restaurant. Price was reasonable and very tasty. Lovely setting.
We tried several spas in the area. The one standout was the Oriental Spa next to the Ibis hotel around the corner. It was one of the few we found with proper massage tables and comfortable recliner chairs.
Overall, a very enjoyable stay. I did not miss that it was not waterfront as we had spent days on island tours and it was close enough to Kata beach. Kata was a good choice for those who are after a quieter option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand. The 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Baray Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baray Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- The Baray Villa Phuket/Kata Beach