What can I say about our stay in the hotel? And why did I say it needs improvement?
POOL ACCESS ROOM--Our room is 4107 and we have the privacy that we need but what happened during our stay is that their ground lift broke down so we have to climb the hill every time. Which is very tiring if you are outside the whole day. The turndown in the room upon arrival is quiet nice and I thanked housekeeping for that.
BATHROOM -- sink is located when you enter the room. Water in the shower is not draining properly. Bathtub is rarely used during our stay.
BED --We requested for double bed but we were given twin bed which they made double bed. Bed is comfortable to sleep in but not for 2 twin beds beside each other
AMENITIES -- not good quality. I had hair fall when I used their shampoo so we went to Bamboo Mart to buy shampoo. Cotton and shaver is not included in amenities. So, I advice to bring your own.
TELEVISION --Again, television channels are not working for the whole stay. We asked technician to come and have a look but we both got frustrated as he cannot do anything. He made 1 english channel work btw. He is a nice guy but due to technical difficulty, TV channels didn't work.
MINI-BAR in the ROOM --complimentary 2 bottles of water, 1 apple juice, 1 beer. For 2 days we do not have beer but it is ok because we do not drink beer.
GRAND POOL ACCESS --We are wondering as we booked a better categoryy Grand Pool Access, we want privacy but pool access are also accessed by people who are not staying there. One time, a group of Chinese and Koreans are taking selfie in our balcony and some are using the pool. We are surprise to see them sitting in our balcony. Also, 1 gay Russian couple are hugging and almost making out by the pool access so we didn't bother to swim and go to balcony. So, next time we will book Standard room and go to other pools as well.
SAFE IN THE ROOM --good and working
FEW ROOMS are HANDICAPPED/ ELDERLY FRIENDLY -- as most of the rooms are located in the hill, if you happen to be handicapped or elderly, make sure you request for rooms close to restaurant.
BREAKFAST --it was a decent breakfast for at least 10 days. But more than a week, if you have same selection every other day you will also find that selection are very minimal. Omelette was cooked nicely by the omelette lady. Even though she is not friendly, she cooks good omelette.
ROOM SERVICE --We would like to eat when we arrived around 11pm but as per reception, room service is not available. So I cannot comment much about room service.
STAFF -- One incident 3 days before we checked out, we asked if we can have late checkout, reception said we cannot because it is full. But if we pay 200baht per hour after 2pm, we can get a room. We agreed but we are quite surprised about it and ask the Manager on duty how come it is full and if we pay extra we can get a room to stay. We are willing to pay but I do not think of consistency for reception team. But when we asked the night before departure about it, reception said we can stay until 7pm, gratis! Thanks to the manager who realised that saying it is full but if we pay 200baht per /hour then we can get a room.
Things the hotel must do immediately:
1. Fix the lift close to the restaurant
2. The cable wirings of the hotel CCTV cams are hanging.
3. The pool in 4107 and nearby rooms needs to be fixed as there is crack. I attached the photo.
4. Keep the storage room closed all the time so guests would not be curious to have a look.
5. Keep the broken buggy away from the sight of the guests. Photo attached
6. Fix the drain of shower in room 4107
7. Maybe fix the TV channels if needed
8. Cotton and shaver could be added/part of amenities
9. Suggestion, a cookie in the mini-bar will make the mini-bar better
10. Train Front Office team to gain more knowledge on what to say to guests when guests are checking out.
I would like to thank:
1. The omelette lady who is making a good job but she needs to smile often
2. The buggy drivers/ porters who drives us whenever we are tired of walking the hill
3. The Manager and her team who allowed us to have late checkout as problem arises.
4. Housekeeping lady in 4107 who is very knife and kind even she do not speak english.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, trendy treat and giving you a new kind of stylish sensual experience surrounded by cascading water from eleven multi-tiered infinity swimming pools set among beautiful tropical gardens, with superb views of Kata Beach and beyond from the chic and contemporary rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Palm Grand Hillside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Palm Grand, Hillside Hotel Kata Beach
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Kata
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Phuket/Kata Beach