This was my second stay at Sugar Palm Grand Hillside since my first over three years ago and it was exactly as I remembered fondly.
We arrived late on Friday night, and the staff were friendly and prompt with checking us in and showing us to our room. I had originally booked a pool access room but changed at the last minute when a girlfriend decides to join me - the pool access only had king beds so in order to get twin beds (a double and a single) we had to "downgrade" to a spa suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony which we sadly didnt use! Actually, we didnt end up using the pool either, opting instead to wander down the road a few hundred meters to Kata Beach. Our room had a lovely view though I think would have been slightly better is we had been in the first building on level 4 - just that much closer to the pool I think would be a clearer view of the beach. We were on level 9 so further towards the back of the building with no view of the pool and just glimpses of the beach. But it was still lovely.
The room was clean and the beds were exceptionally comfortable - not the usual hard Thai beds, which was a nice relief! The bathroom is on the small side but the shower is large with a waterfall shower head which is always lovely after a day in the sun.
We made great use of the day spa facilities! The treatments were quite cheap and the girls were extremely lovely. It's tough competition in this are of Kata as there are spas everywhere but of you're staying here I can highly recommend it! I had a body scrub the first day and went back for a body wrap and facial - sublime.
Breakfast was included in our room and was plentiful and fresh.
We negotiated a late check out in lieu of our room downgrade which was handy for our late flight.
If you book airport transfers through the hotel expect to pay 1,000-1,200 THB each way. A transfer at the airport to Kata was 900 THB. Metered taxis seem to be hard to come by.
If you have a day, make sure to hire one of the brightly colored vans to take you on a drive of Phuket Old Town - gorgeous. A half day cost is 1,100 THB. He was great.
Looking forward to future stays here, not as far apart next time!
We booked a
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, trendy treat and giving you a new kind of stylish sensual experience surrounded by cascading water from eleven multi-tiered infinity swimming pools set among beautiful tropical gardens, with superb views of Kata Beach and beyond from the chic and contemporary rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Sugar Palm Grand Hillside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Palm Grand, Hillside Hotel Kata Beach
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Kata
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Phuket/Kata Beach