“mmmmmmm hit and miss.”

Capannina by Limoncello
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: About us Limoncello is the name of a traditional Italian lemon-flavored liqueur. In 1988 Canale’s family registered the first trademark which did include word Limoncello in Capri. Currently the word Limoncello is spread all over the world. Limoncello co ltd as an italian restaurant and pizzeria was founded in 2007 at the behest of Roberto Ugolini and Gianmaria Zanotti, who decided to open the first Italian restaurant in Phuket. Subsequently, the company changed ownership and Zanotti decided to sell his shares to Ugolini, who remains the sole owner, therefore Ugolini company is expanding constantly its business in all over the Thailand. Currently they have in whole country, lots of restaurants. There are over 50 restaurants under the banner “Limoncello” in the whole world, and one of those in United States is owned by famous actor Danny de Vito. Limoncello in Thailand, however, is a registered trademark (TM) wholely owned by Ugolini group, as it is the Thai web domain “limoncello co th.”, therefore, the company Limoncello co ltd is the only legitimate company in Thailand who can use the name Limoncello Italian Restaurant.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

we decided, like most people, after eating tons of Thai food, it was time for a change.
Italian being our favourite cuisine, off we went to Cappanina for our fix.

Menu read well, plenty to choose from, ordered a couple of starters and decided to share a pasta dish, a medium size pizza and a salad for mains.

After a couple of beers, we decided to have a glass of red wine with our mains. I chose one of the reds from the "by the glass" section and being a little wary, I asked the waitress if the bottle could be brought and our glasses filled at the table, after being refused and me insisting, off she went back to the bar and sent the Italian waiter over to me. I told him my requested wine and hey! they had ran out of that one, and the second one I then chose had the same result. Ended up choosing one not on the menu that he had brought over, which was very good. However, it makes me wonder just what we would have been served if I hadn't been so pedantic.
Now a little ruffled, i wondered what they would charge for the salad we ordered to made without the sausage meat..... yes ! full price , even thogh we didn't have the meat with it. Computer cannot change the bill was the offered answer. A trip over to the Kitchen and a word with the owner Mario was sufficient to be given the refund.

Overall ...... Good Italian food, not great pizza, and service that is not good.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant just off Kata Road. The extensive menu concentrates on Italian dishes and they all sounded delicious however we only wanted a simple tomato base pizza for lunch. It's hard to find pizza marinara anywhere these days and this was a real find. With a very thin crispy base and smothered in tomato puree and garlic - just as we like it - we were in heaven. We shared the regular size which was more than big enough for lunch although we easily could have eaten more it was so good! Nice touches were the small tin of olive oil and salt and pepper grinders on the table. I also enjoyed a good Illy coffee! We'll be going back often that's for sure.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Like everything in Phuket the place can do with a makeover. We ate here at night and the slight grubbiness wasn't quite as obvious as during daylight hours. The wait staff were prompt and courteous to attend you and equally prompt in delivering food and drinks. The food was great, really well presented on the plate, it was a feast for both the eyes and the palate. All food was of a very high standard and the freshness was plain to see and taste. Prices were very fair and reasonable for the what you got, you left the place feeling well satisfied and not needing to find a fast food joint for a top up meal. I would certainly eat there again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

After 15 days of Thai food fancied a change, mid starters, which were lovely asked for the bill and left not completing the dishes. Place in dire need of a clean up, that includes the staff, dirty tables, dirty floors just a general feel of " past it's sell by". Management need to over haul staff and decor hard to see beyond these things when eating!
Won't be back!

1  Thank fitzLeicester
Reviewed April 10, 2013

my husband and I went there a few times, food is always excellent, services as well. Plan to go back in a few days : )