“Wonderful setting and wonderful food.”

The Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 168 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: French, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether your palate prefers authentic Thai culinary traditions or sophisticated Western cuisine, savour leisurely lunches and fine dinners in our refined yet relaxed setting directly on Kata beach. The proud recipient of the “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine spectator every year since 2006, the Boathouse Restaurant has been synonymous with fine cuisine in Phuket for almost three decades. The gastronomical excellence of the haute cuisine is further enhanced by the restaurant’s idyllic setting along Kata Beach with its stunning panoramic views. Indoor and outdoor seating options are available with a different dining experience wherever you choose. Our regular guests from around the world consider this one of the most romantic memories to be made in Phuket.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Boathouse is a wonderful restaurant. The staff are all very well trained and very friendly, the food is incredible and the setting is just beautiful- right on Kata Beach. In the evening it is beautiful to watch the all the lanterns being sent up into the sky from the restaurant. I've never had a bad experience here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

In all ways this is a splendid dining experience. The location overlooking Kata Beach, the quality of the food, the excellent service made for a superb evening.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was looking for a good place to have a business dinner in Phuket .
I've heard many good things about the Boat house restaurant and decided to give it a try.
Wow, what a great decision it was!!!

The food in the restaurant was AMAZING! The ambiance was just perfect, the service was excellent and the dinner far surpassed our expectations!

Definitely coming back as soon as possible for a romantic dinner with my wife!!!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We would recommend this cooking class for anyone interested in learning a bit more about cooking Thai food. We had a great time and enjoyed the added bonus of eating what we prepared! We returned a few nights later for a sunset dinner - the location was perfect!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Resting on their laurels, I believe the staff was what really let me down. The food was nice, though a touch small on the serving side. That's ok though too many restaurants overdo it, but it would be good to have an idea when deciding how much to order.

When I went to the bathroom there were two men with their shoes off and feet up, laying flat out in the hall sofas, and they had covered themselves in throw pillows. They didn't like the expression I had on my face so they joked with each other about me. I stopped and asked them if something was funny. The staff asked if I am ok and I asked them if they let people lay out like this. They did nothing but these people moved themselves. Later when leaving they said something to me again but I didn't hear, and I didn't want to upset my friends. It turns out these are drivers for the restaurant.

Other things were ok to overlook like asking for the wine I ordered twice, and after our appetizers were already eaten. The chocolate fondant was overlooked to the point it was just a brownie. An hour before closing the staff was removing seat cushions and linens from unused tables as they started packing up.

Really this place has a reputation and management should be trying to uphold it.

BoathouseByMontara, Manager at The Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear JasonM,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and to recalling the valuable reputation that Boathouse Wine & Grill stands for. We take these type reviews very seriously and have investigated this case and we are naturally very sorry for the negative experience these gentlemen made you feel as well as tarnished our reputation. We would like inform that the drivers were not actually our hotel drivers but drivers of other guests in the restaurants, of course this still happened within our venue and apologize again for this unpleasant instance. We will ensure that we enforce our expected behaviors with outsiders more strongly. We hope that you still believe in our unique product and will visit us again in your next trip to Phuket.

Thanks again,