“A fantastic dining experience”

The Boathouse Wine & Grill
Ranked #21 of 154 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: French, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Boathouse is perfect for a romantic dinner with sunset views over beautiful Kata Beach. The food was of the highest quality and the chef was flexible with the dishes, for example my wife wanted ratatouille instead of potatoes, no problem. The service staff were friendly, attentive and knowledgeable regarding the pairing of wines with the food. It is not cheap, but we felt it was good value considering the quality of food, wine and service. We had a great evening, must be one of the best dining experiences on Phuket.

1  Thank charlie b
There are newer reviews for The Boathouse Wine & Grill

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked online for dinner for our wedding anniversay and am so glad I did!We had complimentary pick up from our hotel at 5.30pm and had drinks in the bar which is right on the beach with an amazing view.We were seated at 7pm at a table overlooking the beach with open french doors.The service was excellent and we chose food from the Thai menu which was delicious and beautifully presented.I would highly recommend The Boathouse,couldn't fault anything,a wonderful night.

1  Thank Kylie T
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant by a friend who lives in Phuket. The atmosphere of this beach front restaurant felt relaxing and casual, yet the service was topnotch. The staff were attentive but not overbearing. We came in a pretty big group and were seated at the table next to a glass window overlooking the kitchen. We could see the food being freshly prepared for us which was an interesting experience (makes your mouth water while you wait!). If you are there for a romantic dinner though, do ask for one of the tables by the windows overlooking the beach and it will not disappoint. The menu offers both Thai and French dishes. We mostly ordered French and enjoyed all of them. Make sure you order the lobster ravioli as they are so yummm! My only regret was that we were so full by the end that we had no room for their enticing dessert menu, so this place is definitely on my to do list next time I am in Phuket! Bring someone you want to impress, be it a significant other, a group of friends or business colleagues, you cannot go wrong with this one!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We decided to visit this place after reading many great reviews across several different forums, and because we both love seafood.

From the moment the restaurant's car came and picked us up from our hotel, we knew we were going to be well looked after. Upon arrival at the restaurant we were shown to our beachview table; well, when in Kata and all that...

The service was attentive but not imposing, and despite neither of our first choice of fish main courses not being available, we were both able to find alternatives which were exquisite. The wine list was also extensive but not overwhelming - the South African Chenin Blanc we opted for beautifully complemented our meal. I particularly recommend the blue crab salad for starter!

With the pianist in the main restaurant playing throughout the meal, coupled with the beach view by candlelight, this definitely made for a perfect romantic evening.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went to Phuket on a vacation with a bunch of friends. We played at the beach in front of Rekata beach club and had dinner at Boathouse. The food was delicious! Great wine collection. Live piano. Nice beach view. A little pricey but I felt satisfied.