“Great food and views although a little pricey for Phuket”

The Boathouse Wine & Grill
Ranked #23 of 149 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doonan, Australia
“Great food and views although a little pricey for Phuket”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The best meal we had while in Phuket although you do pay for it by the local standards but if you want to dress up and push the boat out this is the place to do it!

• Visited April 2011
PhuketLisa, Guest Relations Manager at The Boathouse Wine & Grill, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Thank you for your compliments. We are in the middle of a grand renovation and so we are closed at the moment but we hope to welcome you again after our relaunch on 1st October 2011.

Best regards,
gr@boathousephuket.com

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
South Australia, Australia
“Fantastic for lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We have been to Mom Tri’s Boathouse for dinner a couple of times which was sensational and I have posted a review on this but I did not realize they were also open for lunch. So last trip we decided to stop by for a quick lunch.

The menu for lunch is smaller and there are some delicious light entrees and mains. Our entrees were Prawn Timbale which was 290 Baht, it consisted of Prawns, avocado and tomato confit with balsamic. Then there was Goong Sarong for 260baht which was deep fried prawns wrapped with Angel Hair noodles served with a sweet chili and plum sauce. Oh my god they were both mouth watering!

For our mains we ordered The Boathouse bun which was 280baht, this was Sea bass garnished with tomato and salad. I am now addicted to Sea bass! Gary ordered a Mixed Seafood Rock Lobster curry baguette for 290baht which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Now after this I am full and content, but our fantastic waiter talks me into having a dessert so I ordered sticky rice, mango and coconut ice-cream, of course I managed to eat the lot and it was delicious.

So we really enjoyed having lunch at the boathouse, it was lovely sitting there with views of the beach and the atmosphere is a lot more casual during the day. The staff are the best, very friendly (but not overly) and a pleasure to be around.
So why not try the Boathouse for lunch, prices are extremely reasonable for such top quality food and service.

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank Cathy&Gary
Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are pleased you and your husband have enjoyed your lunch.

Normally we are open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner however at the moment we are undergoing a major renovation of our rooms and facilities including our restaurant.

We will be ready to welcome you again after 1st October 2011.

With best regards,

Sincerely
Phuket
“An exceptional evening”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Mom Tri Boathouse lives up to its reputation. Having heard so many reviews, I decided to check out the place on my friend's birthday. Mom Tri has a few restaurants under its belt so it was confusing to locate Boathouse. We had to walk through a another restaurant called Oasis and it opened up to the extremely beautiful garden and terrace overlooking Kata Beach. The lanterns and soft lighting couple with the golden glow from the setting sun which was clearly visible from the restaurant was nothing short of spectacular. So breathtaking was the view we stood still for a couple of minutes before making our way to the terrace seats which are the best location. There are other tables inside the restaurant but the breeze and view are best enjoyed on the terrace. We found the staff really friendly and although they were busy, they had time to stop and oblige us by taking photographs. It was my friend's birthday and I wanted to do somethhing special, so I emailed Miss Lisa the PR manager for the restaurant requesting a dessert to be sent over in time we arrive. She responded to my email promptly assuring me something has been arranged. To tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting it but when we got there, the waiter brought the dessert which has been chilling in the refrigerator judging from the cool plate. It had a candle and a personalised greeting on the plate! This is what I call service at its best. That started the evening so well and then the food was delightful too. I had a Caesar salad with anchovies and my friend had Chicken Massaman curry which was served hot and he ate in silence- clearly savouring the meal. He said it was such a lovely meal. We both work in Thailand and we eat Thai fare everyday, so when he says it is good food, I believe him. We're not saying this as its a novelty, but we're saying the food is good based on the quality. The staff was also thoughtful in that they took the dessert away to be chilled while we had our meal. He returned it to us and it was just GORGEOUS. I am unable to tell you what the name of the dessert is but I know it uses Grand Cru Guanaja choc (French gourmet choc). The ambience was so relaxful and the soothing music from the band added more delight to the existingly beautiful place. Mom Tri also proves that it can go not just a step but two steps further when they printed out a photograph of me and my friend as a keepsake and put it into an envelope. I was really touched by this gesture and so was my friend. I look forward to more visits and the choc dessert again.

• Visited April 2011
PhuketLisa, Public Relations Manager at The Boathouse Wine & Grill, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of our restaurant. It is our pleasure to make our Guests’ experience a wonderful one and we are pleased you and your friend had a great evening with us. The chocolate dessert is called Grand Cru Guanaja marquise which is similar to a mousse and served with coffee liqueur cream. It is a divine creation of our French Chef, Maitre Cuisinier de France Jean-Noel Lumineau, and also one of my favorites!

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,
Lisa Sol PR Manager
Tokyo, Japan
“It's fantastic”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The Boathouse? One of my favorites! The seaview is fantastic, food is great, wine selection even better (better than many Western restaurants in Tokyo!) and the service is almost perfect. I say almost as it was difficult to attract the attention of a waiter to order more drinks a couple of times. But then again, once waiters are at your table they are so friendly that you forget that you had been waiting a bit. And anyhow, we had the whole evening though so … who cares? The bill was reasonable though expensive for Thailand. But you get what you pay for; it was really worth it. I wish I could have dinner there tonight!

• Visited January 2011
Thank you for your kind compliments about your evening at the Boathouse.

We have noted your comments about our good but a bit too tardy service and have passed them to our F&B Manager.

As we are currently completely renovating the Boathouse you have to wait until after 1st October 2011 before you can visit us again. We think the Boathouse will be more beautiful than before!
gr@boathousephuket.com
Melbourne, Australia
“I think we went on a bad night...”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Following all the reviews my partner and I were excited to try this place out.

The atmosphere was dull, the food over priced for Thailand and served in posh Western style portions and all in all was not impressed by the selection on offer. I had a chicken cashew dish which was lovely, but the rest of the courses (shrimp and duck dishes) were average. Cocktails were nice, but so were the ones that were half the price down the road so thats not saying much!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Jellabear
BHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Boathouse Wine & Grill, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
We regret our restaurant didn’t meet your expectations and you had expected something else. Perhaps you would have enjoyed our Boathouse Oasis restaurant next-door more. The atmosphere is different; whereas the Boathouse is more classic and traditional, Oasis is lighter and more modern. Oasis’ food is more ‘adventurous’ and on average lower priced than menu items at the Boathouse. Dishes such as imported Wagyu and Angus beef and the best seafood are expensive food items which is reflected in the menu prices. The Boathouse and Oasis both have a happy hour from 5 – 7pm with drinks at 50% of the price. A good time to catch the sunset between 6 – 6:40 pm too.
Sincerely