“A romantic evening”

Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale
Ranked #9 of 155 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in an award-winning restaurant set just above the rocks overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Panoramic sea views and the sound of the waves below create a peaceful, sensually indulgent and romantic setting. European favorites and Thai dishes are served either on the open-air terrace or Thai sala. Mom Tri’s Kitchen has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 7 years in a row and offers over 750 labels.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The atmosphere was so romantic and the view was great. Staff was efficient and nice. Food was good but expensive, and not as good as we had gotten from a lot cheaper places, but for the atmosphere we were willing to pay a little extra :) The food was displayed beautifully. All in all a very nice, romantic evening!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I found friends of ours, whom we had not seen for years, living ina villa by this restaurant. There is nothing unexecptional. Evertything from the grounds, the location, the view, the food and the service is - bliss. Our tastebuds will love us for the rest of our lives for having taken them here.
We had tried one of the same family's restaurants - The Boathouse, Kata just a couple of hundred metres away. That too is good, but Mom Tri's is by far the best restaurant in Phuket.
Pricey - yes - but worth every baht.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We really wanted to love this place. I make most of my dinner choices while traveling based on trip advisor reviews and even though the reviews for Mom Tri's were stellar- we weren't that impressed.

They do have a fabulous view from their deck. Unfortunately we didn't have the best night for a sunset but we did get to catch a glimpse and it was beautiful. They sat us in the bar area for a quick drink during happy hour before we headed to our table, they had a nice piano player who played recognizable tunes.

The service at dinner was mediocre. I think we were stuck with a waiter in training who dragged out our dinner about 40 mins longer than we would have liked. He was busy handing out roses to the women at all of his other tables so by the time we finally got his attention we were too tired to try dessert...and I didn't even get a rose. He left me feeling like a loser on the first night of the bachelorette. I'm over it.

I had the green curry with chicken which was fabulous and my husband had the sea bass which lacked flavor, he wasn't impressed.

I probably wouldn't recommend this stop to any friends we have traveling in the area unless they are stuck on a venue with a fab view.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at the Katathani Shores directly across the bay so we had a great view of our hotel from Mom Tri's beautiful deck overlooking Kata Beach. They sent a car for us and we arrived before sundown, it was hot! We asked to be moved away form the great seats we were given to get relief from the sun and were quickly accommodated. When I read the name I expected a mom and pop kind of restaurant but make no mistake this is fine dining with an upscale but relaxed atmosphere. I would feel funny wearing a t-shirt but anything resort casual would be fine.
Now for the food....
Crab Soufle........TOO DIE FOR,
Lobster Ravioli....BEST I EVER HAD
Coconut Rock Lobster..great.
Lobster Bisqe, we'll it was supposed to have flamed brandy and it never burned off so it had a strong liquor taste. It was the only thing we did not love.
We ordered the seared tuna with wasabi off the Thai menu and it was delicious!
I am only sorry that we waited till the last night to eat there as I would have like to go back to try other items. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Coming from NY and paying $100 a head I expect food to be fantastic. Really here you are paying for the view and atmosphere. There were a lot of choices and our group of 7 all had something different but nothing was outstanding. Better off going here for sunset cocktails.