“incredible views from terrace” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale

Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale
Ranked #16 of 148 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, European, Asian, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy fine dining in an award-winning restaurant set just above the rocks overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Panoramic sea views and the sound of the waves below create a peaceful, sensually indulgent and romantic setting. European favorites and Thai dishes are served either on the open-air terrace or Thai sala. Mom Tri’s Kitchen has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 7 years in a row and offers over 750 labels.
Australia
“incredible views from terrace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Dinner on the terrace overlooking the beach with the waves crashing down below, always going to set the scene for a special night. Menu was very comprehensive with mix of European and Thai influences, heavy on the seafood. Large wine and cocktail list, professional service. Our meals were very good, not the best we have had in Phuket hence the four rather than five stars, because the prices were probably highest we have paid-definetly enjoyable dinner experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Elegant dining at Mom Tri's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Outstanding!
7th June 2013- The venue, the staff, the view, the delectable Thai food.
We actually dined here twice in 1 week!
You are carefully escorted through the tropical gardens and down the steps to your well dressed table. Ours was on the balcony over the sea both times. The water and crudités are there immediately and whilst contemplating what to eat, the sea and rocks below, which are softly lit and soothing to watch, make for a wonderful backdrop to what was a superb evening on both occasions.

Our group of 4 chose to dine from the Thai menu both times, as we like to eat from the country's of visit style of food wherever we travel to. Flavour, styling and portions were spot on. No disappoints at our table either evening.

We also partook in some of the fine wines on offer and again were not disappointed, with either the taste or the service and attentiveness of our professional well trained waiters. The cost of the wines does seem excessive to us Australians, but I do think we are spoilt, being able to produce fine wines in our country and Thailand cannot as far as I am aware. We certainly did not let price affect the experience. Price is soon forgotten, whilst good memories are always strong. Do let the restaurant know in advance if you have some special dish in mind, and they will even try to accommodate this although it is not on their menu, as we did on our second visit. If you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary, do let them know.......you will get a lovely little surprise at no extra cost!

You simply have to visit Mom Tri's Kitchen at least once when in the area of Kata Beach and dine well. Not only do you get to have a thoroughly enjoyable evening but you get to glimpse at the gardens, paths, various seating areas and possibly the pools and styling of the accommodation options as well. You WILL want to come and stay here as well as eat here again.

I can live my routine normal suburban life back home in Melbourne, Australia, but having visited here and in fact Thailand for the first time this June, I can honestly say that it was indeed a truly Royal experience, as this is how we were treated and greeted each time we walked into their restaurant. We shall be back, without a shadow of a doubt.

Khop Khun Ka.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“lovelly venue stunning views food not all that!!! dined 7th June 2013”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went to mom tri,s for our 10th wedding anniversary dinner. the venue is stunning and the service is excellent. we dinned of the international menu. the food was nicely presented but the flavour was very average. the wife had the goats cheese samosas which were the highlight of the meal. I had the seared tuna to start and was very disappointed. bland was an understatement. the tuna it's self was soft and well coked but the rest was rubbish. for main the wife had the lamb shank which was poor and I had the veal cheeks (chefs special) the cheeks were nice but that was all. the garnish was very poor. It's was not worth the money I paid. The restaurant is stunning but the food very underwhelming. I've had better meals down the road at some of the other restaurants but wanted some special for an important day. I must say I've been a head chef for the last 15 years back in England and for a fine dining restaurant and the prices that are charged I expected a far hire standard. the waiter made me aware the chef was also English so had high hopes. The service and venue is stunning though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“A memorable evening at Mom Tri's Kitchen, Kata Noi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

For a special night out while staying at Kata Beach, my husband and I had dinner at Mom Tri's Kitchen, the former home of a Thai architect. Located on the edge of a rock escarpment high above the sea, the view was fantastic - waves rolling in over the rocks below, watching the magnificent sun set out to sea, and to the bay of Kata Noi which has some fabulous spots of its own. The menu was extensive, diners receive a complimentary taster before entree; we had fresh spring rolls for entree - not quite as good as the real ones from Vietnam, but good sauce. For mains I chose the Lobster (remembering that Thai lobster are giant prawns) which was served with a beautiful sauce and stir-fried green vegetables. My husband had Australian beef steak!! But it was properly cooked, very tender and tasty with a red wine sauce accompaniment. We couldn't do dessert but did receive a complimentary taster cake.Wine was expensive and while menu was vast, there could be more Australian and NZ wines on offer as Australians are not heavily into European wines. Wait staff were excellent. The garden setting of the restaurant is magic with beautifully tended beds, koi ponds and quaint lanterns set high in the trees. The most expensive meal we had in Phuket (on a par with the best a la carte restaurants at home) but all in all a great night - for a special occasion. Each lady receives a red rose at the end of the evening. And we got a free ride back to our hotel!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Australia
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Mom Tri's was recommended to us so we booked in for a meal toward the end of our holiday - my only regret is that we didn't go earlier!! We were staying at the Katathani Beach Resort, so it was an easy walk up the steps at the end of the beach - spectacular views all the way! We had only intended to have a simple meal, but everything on the menu looked so good we ended up having dessert too (they gave us a complementary appetiser to start). I had the rock lobster and my husband had the crab cannelloni both sensational (and large serves) We wanted to try some Thai wine, and asked for help to choose - the sommelier came to have a chat with us and gave a recommendation which perfectly complimented our meals. My husband hasn't stopped raving about his dessert - the passionfruit crepe soufflé and my trio of brûlée was perfect. The service was great, the waiters all very friendly and happy. We enjoyed it so much we went back again the next night for drinks and appetisers before leaving for the airport. Well worth a visit!!

Visited June 2013