“Worth a visit”

Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale
Ranked #10 of 168 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in an award-winning restaurant set just above the rocks overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Panoramic sea views and the sound of the waves below create a peaceful, sensually indulgent and romantic setting. European favorites and Thai dishes are served either on the open-air terrace or Thai sala. Mom Tri’s Kitchen has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 7 years in a row and offers over 750 labels.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant with our families after our wedding ceremony on the beach that afternoon. We had a large group and were impressed with the view from our table. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble - for example cold towels were requested and they split the bill between the various couples (5 ways). The massaman curry was divine and all dishes were presented beautifully. The cocktails were also very good. The only room for improvement would be the length of time to be served; however, as the restaurant is based over several floors, this delay was unsurprising.

They have the best location on Kata beach and I recommend visiting.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

For the price of an average meal in the UK, you are treated to an amazing setting overlooking the sea and beach below, with services that rival some of the top restaurants in London. we went for the special - wild boar but all the menu looked great. very attentive service and romantic setting. highly recommended

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went there on Valentine's Day 2013 and was lured by their prix fixe V-Day menu 5 course menu. It was about ~70.00USD per person + 10% service fee + tax (most restaurants include this fee in the price).

The descriptions looked tasty and my girlfriend and I decided to take the plunge. Whoa did I over pay for a very sub par meal. The dishes "looked" good for the most part, but the flavors were so very basic. And to top if off, the worst dish of the bunch was the main course fish.

I got my credit card bill today and was reminded of how awful that mean was. I probably wouldn't pay $30 for that meal.

Service was "ok". From courses 3-5 the dishes came out slower and slower. For a prix fixe w/ a few dishes that had several components the servers didn't know what it actually was or how best to use the sauces.

The normal menu "looked" good and I regret not getting 4-5 dishes from their and saved a ton of money. but I didn't eat off the normal menu so I cannot speak to that.

I would highly recommend to stay very far away from any prix fixe they offer as they are not producing high quality flavors that justify 4-star price.

(as a side note-- like most have noted the view is fantastic and try to get a reservation that spans the sunset time)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

...a celebration or just to splurge, 'Mom Tris Kitchen' is the place. Its pricier than most, but worth it. The service is unobtrusive; the menu extensive. I even found a vegan offering.

It's very popular, so it would be wise to pre-book.

A table overlooking Kata Noi beach at sunset, is a must.

1  Thank veganise
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Food was delicious, service fantastic, the view stunning. We ate out at a lot of different places but this was by far something special. Although it is a little pricier it is worth it for that special meal. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Amanda H