“Great view”

Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale
Ranked #10 of 152 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in an award-winning restaurant set just above the rocks overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Panoramic sea views and the sound of the waves below create a peaceful, sensually indulgent and romantic setting. European favorites and Thai dishes are served either on the open-air terrace or Thai sala. Mom Tri’s Kitchen has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 7 years in a row and offers over 750 labels.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great view”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had read so much about this restaurant I was so looking forward to this night to celebrate our anniversary.
The view was magnificent, the waiting staff were also excellent, the standard of food was disappointing, we had ordered a seafood platter and was extremely disappointed with the quality of the seafood, the calamari was like leather and I couldn't even cut it, there also wasn't much flesh on the remaining seafood and the fish had been overlooked.
Our entree of lobster ravioli was beautiful but would have liked more.
Desert was average and the chocolate cake was ok,the coffee ice cream served withit was nice.
Overall great view, great service just felt in the areas of food there could be improvement.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
“Good food but have eaten better”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The food was very good but not outstanding. Maybe this was down to expectation after such good reviews on here but whilst there were glimpses of excellence in some of the dishes, it did not blow me away. The pork and lemongrass salad (starter) was fantastic, full of taste and flavour and so fresh. The main courses were fine but have eaten just as good elsewhere in Thailand for half the price. The setting is beautiful and we enjoyed a tropical rainstorm during dinner whilst listening to the sound of the waves crashing against the cliff. It is a very romantic setting and we were impressed that the restaurant collected us and returned us back to our hotel. The staff were lovely but served us the Mediterranean entree (rather than the Thai one) followed by the wrong starter. It was all dealt with effectively but not what I would expect from somewhere like this. I wouldn't return during this trip but may come back in the future.

• Visited November 2012
“Great View, average food and poor service”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The sunset view was wonderful! I specifically asked for non-spicy food. The waiter stated what I orded was not spicy and he would make sure there was no spice. When the order finaly arrived the food was to spicy for me to eat. It, took a long time to get the waiter's attention and when I informed him of the situation he did not offer any apologize or correcting the bill.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Pomkow
Vicenza, Italy
“Best Dinner I Ever Had.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I can honostly tell you the best dining experience I have ever had. It was at Mom Tri's Kitchen. A combination between, service, food and atmosphere made this place pretty much unbeatable. I would go back to Phuket just to go to this restaurant again. If you find yourself in Phuket, you have to treat yourself to this experience.

• Visited March 2012
Seattle
“beautiful setting”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The restaurant sent a complimentary car to pick us up and return us to the baray villas. Beautiful setting and wonderful food.

Visited October 2012