My family and I have stayed here several times over the last 8 years. The best attributes of this hotel are the location and the pool. Kata beach is still only moderately developed, with no high rises, and reasonable crowds. The resort pool is big and terrific, although people have annoyingly taken to reserving lounge chairs at 6 and 7 a.m. like in Aruba.
The hotel is Thai owned and not part of a global or Western chain. In the past, I have liked that, as it has been a more authentic experience. However, they are presently trying to be more western by jacking up their food, service, and drink prices and making Thai food that is not the way Thai people would expect it. At the same time, they make Western food which is pretty bad. Don't get the dinner buffet.
The breakfast remains very good.
The rooms are simple, clean, and well appointed.
We reserved Ocean view rooms, but we got rooms looking over the street. They said that they were full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beach front resort with complete facilities and amenities for a 4 star resort. All rooms and food & beverage facilities cater to all types of guests whether honeymooners, families, business executives or conference delegates. Ideally located in arguably the best beach of Phuket, Kata. Behind the resort, an array of shops and convenience stores can be easily accessed. Staff Service is to provide all guests the best of Thai hospitality with a dash of genuine care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Kata Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort And Spa Phuket