We stayed there 3 years ago and on arrival noticed straight away that the staff at the front desk were more fluent in English this time round which was very helpful. Unfortunately that was about the only improvement at the hotel! The gloomy hotel lobby is screaming for an uplift and the corridors desperate for some more lights! Kata Beach Resort has a gorgeous and privileged spot right on the beach but the rest is a huge disappointment! The corridor leading to our room had a permanent stack of dirty laundry on the floor as well as a mattress leaning against the wall for the whole of our 6 day stay! It made us feel we were in a dodgy hotel… The room was ok but we had two single (a very hard) mattress put together, which was very uncomfortable. Pillows were too big to my liking.
Some of the staff at breakfast were quite impolite, showing they were annoyed when asked for a spoon or a knife! Totally unprofessional, these staff should undergo proper training on hospitality! Most shockingly, to wipe his sweaty forehead and face we saw a waiter put his head on the pile of clean towels at the towel booth by the pool, right in front of everyone! This is totally disgusting! The water in pool was dirty with small particles of tissues and strands of hair, not sure if the filter was broken but surely this is not right!? This was fixed after two days and you could tell the difference…
Food at the pool was nice though but the cocktails were absolutely tasteless and there was no music at the pool bar. We heard a few people asking and all they got was “music player is broken…” not good enough for a resort!
However, I would recommend the spa where I had a beautiful massage, in peaceful settings with nice background music. The therapist was absolutely professional and caring. We also enjoyed the cheaper massage under the kiosk in the hotel gardens.
All in all, Kata Beach Resort you need to lift up your game!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beach front resort with complete facilities and amenities for a 4 star resort. All rooms and food & beverage facilities cater to all types of guests whether honeymooners, families, business executives or conference delegates. Ideally located in arguably the best beach of Phuket, Kata. Behind the resort, an array of shops and convenience stores can be easily accessed. Staff Service is to provide all guests the best of Thai hospitality with a dash of genuine care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kata Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort And Spa Phuket