Beyond Resort Kata
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
Phuket Kata Resort(Kata Beach)
  • Pool
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)
Rico's Bungalows(Kata Beach)
1,651 results
All reviewspool barbeachfront locationdeluxe seaview roomdirect beach accessinterconnecting roomsyour doorstepska barbuffet breakfastpool sidepool access roomfamily holidaybars and restaurantssun loungerslow seasonnoodlesegg stationtuk tuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband I stayed at this resort in April 2012 for 5 days. We chose to stay here purely for the location right on the beautiful beach at Kata. Compared to other resorts we have stayed at in Phuket, I would say that our reception on arrival was very poor. At other resorts you are offered a cold drink and a washer to wipe your face with. We were extremely diasppointed with our room - it overlooked the carpark at the front of the resort. Admittedly we did get a special price on our accommodation and didn't expect to get a beach view! Our room was a little poky and tired looking as well. We were there with friends so we decided to have a drink at the Pool Bar and were disgusted with the price of a beer - so expensive and also the service was appalling. I enquired about wireless internet and they advised that you had to pay for this service. That is so outdated - everywhere offers free wi fi these days! The Pool area is beautiful and boasts 2 swimming pools and is extremely crowded so you need to get there early in the morning to secure a deck chair. On one occasion there were no beach towels available and I asked where I could obtain one. The response I got was a shrug of shoulders so I asked at reception and got the same response. Out of frustration I eventually took one off the cleaning trolley. I felt that the customer service was not at all up to standard and some staff were extremely unhelpful. Overall the resort is looking very outdated and tired and probably could do with a refurbish. The location is excellent but for what we paid I think there are probably much nicer resorts on the beachfront.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kathy1957075
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Kata Beach Resort and Spa for 5 nights in January 2013. Having read the reviews on this site before we went I would say they are pretty accurate. We looked around Kata Beach a bit I am not sure there are any better options in the big hotel category and if you don't expect too much here you will be ok. Not the best, not the worst.

This to me is a typical large hotel in Thailand - large tizzy "traditional" foyer, dark rabbit warrens of rooms, dark wood, laminate fake floor board floorings, triangular pillows etc etc.... At A$310 per night it was expensive for what it was (and not to mention totally overrun by Euro tourists with their interesting ways such as hogging sun lounges and pushing in at the breakfast buffet etc) BUT we did have a fabulous time overall! I think this is more to do with Kata Beach itself but the hotel does have direct access (one of the few if only?) to the beach. The beach is public and it is crowded but it is nice and relatively clean given the amount of tourists all over the place - but don't expect idyllic Thailand here!!

If you walk a bit further north away from the hotel, you will be able to get a sun lounge closer to the water. This area is a bit more quiet and not so overrun. Sun lounges and umbrellas and THB80 beers... very nice.

Behind the hotel is a typical Thai tourist street selling all sorts of fake crap, balanced by $2 beers and delicious street food (take your Travelan...) but it is waaaaay more laid back compared to Patong where we visited one night and came straight back to Kata! For me, I enjoy this aspect of the holiday, being able to access cheap and cheerful food and drink rather than being stuck with resort prices.

We did not eat or drink in the hotel but it was highly disappointing to be unable to find a good Thai restaurant anywhere in Kata... All massive menus with a focus on appealing to the European palette... but limited bogan Aussie contingent so a nice change.

So I always like looking around to think where I would stay if I had my time over and I think if you don't mind a bit of a walk then something set back from the beach would likely be less pricy and fine to access the beach... so if I was to go back to Kata would I stay there again? It's probably 50/50.

We did request a king sized bed and I recall reading some of the other reviews which mentioned they were given two single beds pushed together - a pet hate of mine! And yes this did happen upon check in, with two single blankets to boot, and we were extremely thankful to be given an upgrade to a ground floor unit with a double bed and a plunge pool.

Room Tip: Definitely sea view if you can get it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Saint_MG
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a few days back in 2011 at this well known hotel and our stay was pretty decent. The rooms were clean, the atmosphere was nice, the hotel itself was beautiful and the service was good--though I wouldn't say extraordinary. This hotel caters heavily to foreign tourists like many hotels in Phuket and the hotel staff (in the main lobby) speaks English and patient.

At the main lobby you can exchange currency as well as well as book tours, field trips (such as elephant rides) and taxis/transportation--and no haggling here; the staff takes care of everything and the prices for all of the activities are clearly marked.

The room was totally fine and was surprisingly large.

There is a decent sized pool and a large restaurant. I can't really comment on the restaurant since we never ate there.

The only thing I wish was better was the location. Although it's on a scenic beach location-which was nice-it felt a little too secluded from the rest of Phuket. For instance, when leaving the hotel and walking around I felt a bit limited as to where we could go and what we could do. There simply just weren't enough options in the area of things to do and shops that were walking distance. Patong Beach would probably be better as far as location goes.

Overall, the hotel was great with good service so I would easily recommend it but you might have more fun in an area like Patong Beach.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank TheFrustrated
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Location of the hotel is really perfect. It's just near the beach. The beach is public and 100 TBH for two seats and one umbrella but not very crowded. Rooms are cleaned every day. Breakfast it average. But it worth staying there for the location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank melis ü
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel buildings are dated and a little like Disney or Las Vegas with over the top copies of traditional Thai architecture. The beach was steps away and the ocean lovely with nice sized waves and great people watching.

We typically ate breakfast at the hotel, lunch at one of the beachside bar-restaurants and walked into town for dinner each night. Our ocean view room was spacious enough my husband kept his stand up paddle board inside and with the tile floors no one seemed concerned. The staff was delightful, which is more than I can say for the other guests. The entire town was over run with Russians who I belive have replaced the ugly Americans as the world's last desired travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple