Where to start. My wife and i convinced a group of mates to come to thailand based on a passed experience at Kata-Tani Resort which was top notch. Upon arriving at Kata Beach Resort one of the rooms had two single beds instead of the queen or king we had booked and the staff basically said they had to lump it or move to another room away from the group in another wing. It took us a while to even figure that out as most of the staff struggle to understand english. The rooms are dark the hallways are dark and dank and and the rooms are a bit worn and tired but on a possitive the view was good from the balconny. i am afriad thats where the positives end. After a day out of the room on one of our parties 30th bday we returned to our rooms and two of our group in two seperate rooms (one in another wing of the hotel) had money taken from the supposedly secure safes......not a lot that would go noticed unless you were on your toes but both parties had counted the money that day and a portion of it was missing and the safes open. When we raised it with the staff the language barrier increased our issues along with the police coming but apparently not filing an official claim on the night when we made our statements. When the GM was contacted he offered no understanding or empathy towards what had occured. in a nut shell he basically in tone and demeaner accused us of lying. So let this be a warning to you all!!
We wanted then to move hotels feeling unsafe and not willing to leave our belongings, he refused to sign a letter to our travel agent so we could be reimbursed for the remaining nights when we got back to oz unless we spent a few hours at the police station making an "official" claim and then iiiiiiiffffff the investigation turned anything up then he may do something about it. by that time we would have wasted our reamining days there anyway so we did not worry about it due to the red tape of it all. We should have just so they dont always get away with this type of stuff.
My advice.....stay somewhere else or get stung. PS staff rude and unhelpful except the guy at the front gate....we loved that guy five stars for him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beach front resort with complete facilities and amenities for a 4 star resort. All rooms and food & beverage facilities cater to all types of guests whether honeymooners, families, business executives or conference delegates. Ideally located in arguably the best beach of Phuket, Kata. Behind the resort, an array of shops and convenience stores can be easily accessed. Staff Service is to provide all guests the best of Thai hospitality with a dash of genuine care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Kata Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort And Spa Phuket