Beyond Resort Kata
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$94
  • Breakfast included
Kata Palm Resort & Spa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$44
  • Breakfast included
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$202
$167
$80
Metadee Resort and Villas(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$204
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$38
$37
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$151
$140
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$30
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$257
$112
Kata Rocks(Kata Beach)
$890
$627
Trip.com
1,669 results
All reviewspool barbeachfront locationdeluxe seaview roomdirect beach accessinterconnecting roomsyour doorstepska barbuffet breakfastpool sidepool access roomfamily holidaybars and restaurantssun loungerslow seasonnoodlesegg stationtuk tuk
Reviewed April 21, 2012

With 70 friends and relatives from Australia/UK we recently spent 10days at this resort where my daughters wedding was held. We also celebrated another daughter's 21st and encountered the recent Tsunami Alert. I mention these 3 events as I could not be more complimentary as to how the management dealt with the many issues arising from them. As for the resort itself, we found the facilities to be first class, the staff exceptionally friendly and efficient and the food very good. Yes you can buy it cheaper outside, as with all hotels, but it still represented good value if you just wanted to stay in the resort (as some of the older members of our party did) rather than venture into the chaotic atmosphere outside. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Go for the spa rooms if you can afford it otherwise a sea view
4  Thank BennieMelbourne
Reviewed April 16, 2012

After reading several reviews about this hotel I was absolutely dreading going and even tried changing hotels. I have to say, I'm so glad we didn't. The hotel is in an ideal location, right in the centre of Kata Beach, but due to a long drive and being set back into the road, it was relatively quiet and peaceful. The only downside was, as other people have written, the breakfast. Although lots of choice and plenty of it, it never changed. After 14 days it became extremely boring. The rooms were good size, clean sheets and towels every day. We were there when there was a tsunami scare. The Hotel Manager came out and told us all to run for the hills but there was no evacuation plan to help us. It was literally run for your lives and hope you make it. Overall, we had a fantastic holiday and would thoroughly recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

2  Thank joeyandmarky
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The best thing about the resort is it's location to the beautiful beach. The resort itself is quite nice too. If you want a really great impression stay at the beach view deluxe rooms. The views are spectacular. You have to specify a front facing room though. I recommend 2411 or close to that. We stayed in 1211 and its a side view - more like a glimpse, not as good but I think we paid less. But whatever - we were out and about most days with our 4 teenagers. The service was very good and the staff always obliging and nice. The breakfast was OK - nothing to write home about, but again....it did the job. We ate dinner at the local places for about 120baht per meal. For the 6 of us with drinks B1200 (40 bucks $A ) And amazing food at every place around the hotel too. Hotel food was excellent too - especially if you prefer western meals. You will pay more though. The beds are hard but this is standard in Thailand. I liked them. The resort was clean and the pool by the restaurant is nice if you want some quite time with a killer view to watch the sun set. We caught tuk tuks into Patong a few times to look around. $400 baht one way. The local shopping is good too. There's a fair bit to do in Kata and Karon just down the road. Walkable. The usual suspects hogged the pool seats by reserving them before breakfast. Sometimes they didn't turn up to sit on them for hours and then went off - and had lunch. It seemed that whenever we rocked up there no room at the inn! So - After making sure the greedy so and so's were not just taking a dip, we just turfed their towels and sat there regardless. Problem solved (for us anyway). Yes it got a bit messy but hey, STOP RESERVING SEATS!

Overall I'd say try Kata beach - We had a ball. Activities booked at the hotel were all spot on for us. White water rafting, elephant riding, jet skiing, snorkelling, phi phi island trip, monkey, fanta sea show, 4wding, monkeys, temples, go cart racing and more. Its all FUN! Its probably better to book through the hotel as you know that you'll get a quality event. We met people who booked outside and it all got a little wierd at times. The hotel tours are pretty safe. Its feels more peaceful to stay at Kata than the hussle bussle of Patong (which is only a 25 min ride away). + the beach is nicer in Kata. You might pay a little more to stay at Kata beach than other hotels, but its worth it for the location and choice of pool or beautiful beach! Our kids loved it!

Room Tip: For full luxury - but no view, try the ground floor rooms with their own pools and spa's. Nice and private! Also it's on the ground so no need to negotiate lifts/stairs. If you prefer a view 4th floor middle of hotel 2411 or near by.
6  Thank delirant
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Just stayed at the Kata Beach resort for nine nights with my wife and her family.
we stayed in a sea view room.
the resort is old and dated, the cleaning ladies didn't vacuum the floor and they weren't fantastic cleaning the bathroom either. The bathroom itself has the shower above a small bath and they are stingy with the towels, no face washers either. Only one pillow each on the bed, not helpful if you want to read in bed. No DVD player or USB input on the TV.
the bell boys were lazy, took me about an hour to get fed up, go down stairs and grab it myself. Upon delivery of my in laws luggage they hung around expecting a tip.
Don't eat or drink in the resort, much better food elsewhere, and much cheaper. The small beach hut only a few steps from the pool bar has drinks at half the cost and good Thai food.
the buffet breakfast has no day to day variety, with the cereals and pastries being a let down.
I won't go back to this resort, nor will I be recommending to my friends.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed in a grand room with direct pool acess and it was money well spent! Breakfast was great, service very good! We will return next year.

• Stayed: February 2012