“Very friendly staff, lovely quiet location though at the same time a walk from the action!”

The Beach Boutique House
Ranked #45 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We chose The Beach Boutique House Hotel online a few days in advance of arriving in Phuket and our apartment was quiet, with its own ground floor patio looking out onto the pool. Since Kata beach was quite a walk away we spent lots of time by the pool during the day which suited us perfectly as we had been busy visiting the islands up until that point. We stayed in August 2010 & we practically had the pool to ourselves. Breakfast was served in the building opposite Reception & there was a good choice. The staff were all very friendly (especially the concierge guys) & helpful. WiFi was available but at a price. The spa wasn't open when we were there and there was building still going on but we weren't really disturbed by it. It was also a bit of a walk to the restaurants in the evening which was perfectly doable. A pleasant, restful stay which is what we were looking for at that point in our holiday!

• Stayed: August 2011
There are newer reviews for The Beach Boutique House

Reviewed March 29, 2011

I found this hotel to be what I look for: Clean and Comfort. However the hotel's location is far from the beach (quite a walk) and pretty far from the happening place (food area, shopping). Lucky for me, my partner and I have a rented car.. so for us to go to places is pretty convenient but i pity those who do not have a transport and have to take a cab or walk to go to the main area. The pool is great, the rooms are amazing.. BUT.

It is overpriced for a place where you have to do the walking and taking cabs. So if you like it away from the hustle and bustle, this is it. But if you are more .. into have more time exploring than walking to the place to explore, this isnt it. Nothing's wrong with it, just the location doesnt match the price.

BUT. The staff are funny and cheerful. Makes coming here a happier experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MyPussyKatt
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Changed in size since my first visit about 3 years ago.
Then a Boutique Hotel, more like a resort now.
A little building work going on around hotel, couldn't hear anything from where my room.

Walk in discount rate of 1800 baht for large deluxe.
Seemed more like a Studio, large and spotless, Very comfy beds, great shower,
Kitchenette, in room safe, Remote control A/C that was very quiet, also ceiling fan.
Nice Patio overlooking a pool. Quiet location.

3 swimming pools around the complex.
Some Apartments/Studios looked were privately owned.

Two breakfast areas, one inside fully A/C restaurant. Lots of choice, juices, fruits, cereals, breads croissants, cooked Breakfast, Thai & Western, fresh eggs cooked to order. Tea/ Coffee etc.. what more do people want for breakfast?
Friendly helpful staff..
Nothing seemed too much trouble.

I would recommend this hotel at the right price.

The only downside.. Very expensive Internet/ Wifi.
Should be free, other hotels in area its free of charge or at least much cheaper..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ALZTOURS
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at the Beach Boutique with a friend for 7nights at the end of December. We arrived at the hotel early in the morning around 9am and reception immediately checked us in and took us to our room. After flying all night, we really appreciated the early check in. The grounds of the hotel are nice, though we did stay on the 3rd floor and climbing 3 flights of stairs was annoying at times, especially if we wanted to pop back into the room from the pool.
The room itself was nice and clean, though small, with a teeny balcony (perfect for my friend to smoke on). The bathroom was small, but nice as well, and the room was made up w/ new towels (good-sized) & shampoo/body wash, as well. I did give a lower score for cleanliness because we had a sugar ant infestation despite not having any food/drink lying around. There were sugar ants crawling all over the ceiling, wall, headboard, and table and while small and not really obtrusive, they were annoying. Having stayed in Phuket before (in a much cheaper B&B) and throughout Asia, I haven't seen so many bugs in a guest room before, and for this price I would expect the hotel to fix the ant problem.
The hotel pool (the real reason we picked this hotel) was small, but well designed. It feels really secluded and private, as its in the back of the resort and surrounded by trees/plants. Some days the chairs were all taken during the morning/afternoon, but it was really nice having the pool to ourselves several nights in a row. The staff turned the pool lights on for us (even though the pool was supposed to close) and it was truly a great way to enjoy the night. There was also a sauna.
The staff was friendly and helpful, and we didn't notice a problem with anyone's English. I really enjoyed my experience at the hotel, I just felt like it was overpriced for what we got. After reading reviews, we opted to save $5/nt and not get the breakfast. I think it was a good decision. The restaurant didn't seem up to par, especially for the price. There are lots of places to eat right on the road, and one in particular Sugar&Spice is awesome and cheap. We ate there at least once a day! (Great Thai food and breakfast!) Another problem was the fact that internet wasn't included. There are plenty of computers (and in 7 days I only saw one being used), but you need to buy a prepaid card to use them. This was really frustrating as the hotel across the street advertises free internet on its sign, and our friends who stayed down the street for about 1/2 what we paid had free unlimited internet as well. The hotel rates were also about double (or more, I can't remember) the prices of the internet cafe a 2 minute walk down the street, so we went there instead. I think it would be smart for the hotel to provide free internet, as the computers were generally empty, at least for a set time per room/day.
Finally, there was construction going on during our whole stay. We couldn't hear any noise from our room, but the pool area was quite loud, so not as relaxing as you'd like. Overall, I would recommend the hotel and even stay there again, but not for peak season prices! Also, I would say its a 10 minute walk to the beach, not 20.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Spend 4 days and 3 nights at this hotel for our honeymoon. For the price we paid, it had most importantly, a clean room, clean bathroom which was our priority. The pool is small but it's a boutique hotel, if you want a large pool stay at a resort. Besides we had the pool to ourselves so the size was just nice. Another thing we like about it's location despite being 'far' (15minutes walk to Kata Beach - it's good exercise) is it's quite central as in you can walk to Karon Beach too (about 20-30minutes walk -with nice cafes and dino park along the way). It's also another 10-15minutes walk to Kata Centre itself. Overall, satisfying stay, basic breakfast daily but tasty nonetheless. Staff do not speak good english but accommodating enough. Room is nicely decorated BUT do not expect space unless you book the suite. but reiterating my subject matter - it's money worth. You do get value for your money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I came to Phuket with my boyf to celebrate his birthday. The pictures given were quite nice on the internet, however shocked us out upon arrival. It's far away from the beach, you need to walk 20 mnts to get there. The main hotel building has no lift, and you will also need to walk from the concierge building to your room due their seperate locations. The breakfast is very terrible; at 8.30AM there were hardly food to be eaten not mentioning the poor quality. The room was quite convinient until you want to take a bath, you'd need the handyman to fixed you the waterheater to have the hot water. You will also breathing the cement air, since they are on big custruction period all day up until weekend. Last but not least the hotel staff doesn's speak english; it's hard to enjoy their service if you can not communicate in the same language.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

It's really nice and great experience to stay in this boutique house. It's give me a home feel, comfortable to stay. The staffs are helpful and friendly. The room is clean and the decoration is really different which decorated by sea shell. There is a only limitation is the boutique house is a 4 storey building which do not have lift, so if you go with old folk or who inconvenient in walking, maybe you can ask the staff to arrange you stay at ground floor.
I stayed there for 4 days 3 nights, i found that the breakfast is change everyday. There is not only limit on American Breakfast, they also provide local kuih muih (although i not really like to eat kuih muih), the taste is delicious.
The tour information counter provided alot kind of service, such as arrange for various types of tour package, motor renting and also taxi booking. We rent the motor bike for 3 days, it is only cost 200bath per day.
The only thing which i was regreted done in Phuket is that booked the tour package at airport. Just want to advice to all the travellers, please remmeber that the packages offer at airport is much more expensive than the tour counter offer at town areas. I was booked 2 packages thru DIAMOND TRAVEL AGENT from airport, which are island tour and day tour. The service provided is aboslute disappointted, WORST WORST WORST!! The 1st day of the island tour, the driver was forgotten to pick us up, and let us wait for 2 hours. The 2nd day of the land tour, the 8 hours tour service become 6 hours; we need a tour guide, end up just come with a driver; we plan to visit to few tourist places, such as Big Buddha and Sunset viewpoint, just because the places are far away from the town area, the driver just give alot of excuse and refuse to bring us there... how terrible is the service!!!
Overall, i still very enjoy during the holiday.... just because i and my sweetheart are hard to arrange a time for this trip:)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
#36 of 56 in Kata Beach
Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION
Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION
#29 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to The Beach Boutique House? Share your experiences!